Chapter 3: "All Ok"

{Adriatic's POV}

I woke up in a hospital room. Which is weird considering I don’t remember coming to the hospital in the first place. I must have passed out or something….luckily though I don’t feel panicky instead I feel rather unusually calm and I feel fine so there‘s no reason for me to be here. I sat up in the hospital bed and looked around. My mother,Simon, and Michael were there.

“What’s going on?” my mother snapped her eyes up to mine and immediately wrapped her arms around. I looked over at my friends. Simon, was giving me a contemplating look…. While Michael just looked relived that I was alive.

“Gave us quite a scare there dude.” I gave him a quick smile.

“What happened?”

“Dude! It was so awesome……you should be dead by all accounts or at least have lost some blood and flesh….but dude….the shark swam right by you! Like literally….right by you! You are one lucky son of a--” my mother cut him off.

“Michael!…..though I am glad my son is ok…..you shouldn’t be so excited about what had happened!…..a woman died today…..leaving her husband and young children…..” Michael frowned and looked down at the floor.

“Your right. Sorry Mrs. Rodenburg.” I glanced over at Simon, who was still looking at me with the same look….and I now knew why…..he, just like probably everyone else, saw how the shark had swam past me…. just like the one in my dream had did….. I could tell that he wanted to talk to me….alone most likely….a smile made its way onto my face when I remembered what Simon and Michael had did….they both swam out to help me….I’m pretty sure they were already in the water when the shark had put my hand on the shark……and Simon had also been yelling like everyone else….which for Simon to do means a lot given his personality.

“Where’s dad and Anna?”

“They went to go get some food for dinner.”

“Oh, what time is it?”

“Its about six thirty.” I nodded and laid back down, then shot back up when I remembered the plans I had made with Zander. I groaned…..great, well at least he said he’d text me at seven so I guess I could just tell him about what happened if he doesn’t already know….word usually travels fast around here. Wait? Why do I need to be here?

“Why am I here?”

“Once we got up onto the beach you passed out, for some reason you stopped breathing shortly after…..once they got you breathing again you were still out….but you were also mumbling…..things. They brought you here for observation, to make sure you wouldn’t stop breathing again…..” before I could say something, the door opened, my dad and Anna appearing with taco bell. I smiled….I love taco bell…..its my favorite fast food….

After everyone finished eating, I tried to ask more about what had happened….I wanted every single detail……but before I could ask, I was again, interrupted when the door opened.

“Oh good, your awake…..tell me Adriatic….how do you feel?”

“Fine.”

“No headaches, dizziness, nausea, no feelings like your in danger?”

“Nope. I feel fine.”

“Hmmm.” he wrote something down on his clipboard.

“Can I go home now?”

“Hmm, after I check you out.” he then tested my reflexes, and stuff like that. “Alright, you can go….” I got off the bed as he was walking out. My mom handed me some clothes she must have taken from my beach bag….I walked over towards the bathroom that was in here to change. When I had walked back out, only my mother was there.