When the drinks are in the truth comes out

September 23rd..

It's been a few Weeks since the big commotion and two Weeks since senior year started. Sharing my senior year with Justin isn't as bad as I thought. Well at least so far. He's a very likable guy actually, the girls drool for him when he walks by. & the guys? Let's not even mention them. Half of them are jealous of him and the other half want to be his friend. As for me, I've always been very popular. Anyways tonight we will all be going to dinner as a "big happy family!" Since the fight dad and him have been getting a long much better. Thank God!

9:35pm

"Dad can you please hurry up!" I yelled from the drivers seat of the car. Tonight I'll be the designated driver. When my parents go out for some "dinner" some drinks is what they are really looking forward too. Justin sitting next to me in the passenger seat, my mom behind me and my father next to her finally in the car. I drive off. We pull up in the parking lot of the restaurant.

"Red lobster?" Asked Justin.

"Yes, my favorite!" I responded with a smile on my face while unbuckling my seat belt.

"Gross!" He's just joking though because as soon as our food arrived he was dogging it down as if he hadn't ate in months.

"So sweetie will you be rejoining the cheerleading team this year?" Dad asked while dipping a fried shrimp into his tarter sauce. Justin's face lit up, dying to say something & so he did.

"A cheerleader huh?"

I took a sip off my coke before speaking. "Yes a cheerleader!" I said with pride. "I dont know daddy, cheerleading just isn't my passion anymore." I said with a voice of disappointment.

Mom looked at me in shock, right when she was about to take a sip off her sangria she put the glass down. "Hunny what do you mean?" "You lived for cheerleading!" She picked her glass right back up.

"I know, I know. But I'm into other things now. After what happened I just don't feel the way I once did about it. I guess it wasn't a passion all along it was more of a phase or a hobby!" I dipped a fry while looking at my parents shocked faces. We all put so much.money, time, and effort into this. But after falling off the top of a pyramid and almost loosing my life I just don't want to do it anymore.

Justin looked at me with interest in his eyes. "If your not into cheerleading then what are you into?"

It took me a minute to answer, both mom & dad, and Justin waited for me to answer. I hesitated to answer, I almost didn't.

"I love reading and I love writing.. From now on I will dedicate all my time into something that I can actually see my self doing for the rest of my life." I didn't even look at the face expressions, I just looked down at my plate and stuffed my face with some mashed potatoes. I felt moms hand on my shoulder. She smiled at me.

"Well I'm proud!" "Yeah me to, what ever you wanna do!" Dad added in. I swallowed my food and decided to take all the attention off of me.

"How about you Justin, what are you into?" My parents seemed more anxious about his answer. So was i. He's such a mysterious person and we all want to know his passion, what is it that he can't picture him self not doing. After a few seconds of silence he finally answers.

"Not much people know this about me, but um.. *he cleared his throat* I love acting."

I am very impressed. "No wonder you spend some much time in your room watching movies!" I teased.

My parents giggled.

"No she's actually right." He smiled looking right at me, I smiled back.

"I never knew that Justin, I actually don't know a lot of things. And I want that to change!" When my father drinks he gets very touchy and emotional. But this is sincere, he really means it. Justin and dad hugged for the first time in front of me. Moms eyes watered. This moment all brought warm smiles to our faces.