I'm just the step-sister

It's been a couple of days since Justin and I had that moment. I can't stop thinking about it. I wish I could but I can't. I keep trying to bring my self back to reality. He hasn't treated me any different. I mean why would he, that was just a step brother, step sister moment... Right? Yeah it was. He cares for me as his step sister & nothing more.

& I care for him as my step brother, nothing more.

"Is my baby girl thinking about a boy?" My mother asked curiously, but softly with a small smile on her face. I didn't even realize my room door is open, let alone that she's been standing there for God knows how long. Damn am I that zoned out into space?! She walked over to the bed & sat next to me.

"I know that look.. & you are thinking about a boy. Is it Sebas-

"Ma, Sebastian and I are done... No is not about him."

"Then who is it that your thinking so deeply about?" She put her hand on mine & held it gently.

I looked up at her. I took a moment to answer.

"A boy from school." I obviously lied.  

She smiled. "What about that boy from school? Are you guys dating?"

I immediately responded. "Oh God no mom, he has no idea that I have feelings for him, well I don't have feelings. Ay I don't know, is just a phase I guess. Things are really complicated!"

She laughed a little. "Believe me that I know that feeling & is not a really good one. If you think that the guy feels the same way you do, don't throw your self on to him but let him know how you feel. You'll never know if is a phase or not if you don't give it a shot. But that's only if you feel that in your heart he feels the same way you do."

I sighed as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah I guess." She gave me a kiss on the forehead & left my room.

I sunk my self into my sheets. If my mother only knew what was going through my mind, that last thing she'll be telling me is to give it a shot. I need to do something to get my mind off of this as soon as possible. How about a glass of milk? Ever since I was a little girl a glass of milk always seemed to relax my mind. So a glass of milk it is.

I'm getting close to the kitchen & I pause as I hear voices. Is not moms, is not dads. Is definitely Justin & a female in the kitchen. I take a deep breath before walking in, I go directly to the fridge.

"Rose.. I didn't know you we're up!" Said Justin while spreading butter on a toast. "Yeah, I've been up for a while now." I'm not even making any sort of eye contact with him or the girl. I can see by very small glances that she's skinny, blonde, with pail white skin. I'm pouring my milk into my glass minding my own business.

"Rose this is Jenna, Jenna this is my step sister Rose!" He introduced us with a HUGE smile on his face. I look over at her and give her a small wave. Her on the other hand went the extra mile, stood up from the stool walked over to me, & gave me a quick hug hello. I'm not that rude I hugged and smiled back. But damn, the bitch is so extra. She smells so good by the way.

I left the kitchen and went straight to my room with my glass of milk. I put the cup on my night stand, and threw my self on the bed. The glass of milk is useless, that's not gonna make me feel any better right about now.

Step sister.

He introduced me as a sibling. I mean I know that's exactly what I am. If I brought a guy over I'll introduce him as the exact same thing.

My step brother.

God what the hell is wrong with me? Why must us girls get our hopes up for the smallest situations? Why can't I stop thinking about Justin in such ways? Way can't I go back to hating him? Life was so much easier then, when we didn't get along.