ONE

ONE

MIZUKEN P.O.V

I stared directly at death. I knew it would come sooner or later but I had expected it to be later. I knew I should of done something earlier but there wasn't enough time for any action. I didn't dare blink, afraid I would miss something of importance.

"You're a fool." Tsunade snarled, stalking around her desk to get closer to me. I winced slightly, partly because she was scary as fuck and partly because my eyes were beginning to get dry.

"Is it true, Hokage-sama?" Tenzou, or Yamato as everyone now called him, asked. Tsunade stepped back from me and lent up against her desk. "Of course it is, Yamato."

I grinned victoriously, sticking my tongue out at the grumpy ANBU who had done nothing but doubt me the whole time. He looked slightly relieved. Tsunade crossed her arms over her chest and shrugged before speaking again. "We saw an opportunity and took it."

"Why are the others here then?" Naruto asked, he had just released me from my cuffs and was rubbing my wrists affectionately. It was unusual but I suppose it was because he missed me. I wasn't going to complain, I liked it.

"Some... information ... was brought to light." Tsunade said trying to keep it as discreet as possible. I gave Itachi a look and he sighed.

"I was ordered to assassinate my clan by the elders."

Tsunade growled. "You idiot that is top secret information!" She smacked him on the back of the head which he seemed extremely shocked at. Not as shocked as the guys in the room. "What!" Naruto and Jiraiya gaped.

Jiraiya straightened up. "I suppose you would be my spy in the Akatsuki then?" I was shocked at that. Itachi was a spy too? Said Uchiha confirmed it with an incline of his head.

"I told you I was a spy, but you didn't tell me!" I yelled, pointing an accusing finger at the calm Uchiha who just rolled his red eyes.

"You think you know everything!" I grumbled to myself. Naruto was still extremely shocked.

"Wait!" He yelled out. "He's the bad guy! He can't just be the good guy all of a sudden. What about Sasuke?" He seemed to not want to believe that his bestfriend's murderous brother could actually be not murderous and that his best friend was on a revenge mission for nothing.

"I'm afraid he is Naruto. I didn't want to believe it at first either but we have the evidence." Tsunade said, trying to calm him down.

"What about Sasuke?!" Naruto repeated, louder this time.

"I never wanted to hurt my little brother, Naruto-san. It was what I had to do to keep him safe from... other people." Itachi decided to speak, referring to a certain psycho masked Uchiha who likes to corner people in trees.

"You had us all fooled." Tsunade said then waved at Sakura to take off both his and Kisame's cuffs. Kisame rubbed at his wrists happily.

"Thank you." Itachi spoke to the pinkette. 'Is that a smile I see?' I thought, grinning internally at the endless possibilities the future brought.

"What about the fish man?" Sai asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"He has reasons for pardoning too. It seems that villages have done ninja wrong many times." Tsunade walked around her desk and sat down, pulling out some sake. I shuffled forwards and grabbed a full glass off her only to have an extremely annoyed Shizune snatch it out of my hand. "Just because you're now an S-ranked criminal doesn't mean I'm letting you drink!" She hissed, pouring the contents of the cup onto a plant.