TWO

TWO

MIZUKEN P.O.V

Having been home for a few days, I was finally allowed out of the compound. Itachi and Kisame had to stay there an extra week because they're too risky at the moment. Even after that they'll have ANBU trailing after them until they can start missions again. We've heard nothing from the Akatsuki. It may be because when we got into Tsunade's office we stripped our rings and cloaks and handed them over.

Leader probably lost his shit when he found we left. Oh well.

My thoughts went to the other members, especially Deidara. It's not like he can't hold his own because he can, it's just that everyone left there is clinically insane. Especially Hidan. I know Deidara wasn't with the organisation because he wanted to be, he was there because if he left then he'd be killed. I would have taken him with me but there was no evidence saying he was wronged by his village. Believe me, I looked.

Sakura had come to meet me at the compound gates, she needed some things from the library and I needed to get some books for Itachi before he starts getting grumpy. A grumpy Itachi is not the Itachi you'd like to meet.

"So how was it?" She asked as she searched through a bunch of medical books. I placed back the history book I had been looking at and turned to give her a questioning look. "I mean, living with so many S-ranked criminals." She expanded, popping a book under her arm to free her hands.

"It was... fun." I dared to say. "They're not all bad. As you could see from Itachi and Kisame, some were wronged by their village." I explained and grabbed another random history book for Itachi to enjoy.

"Really?" Astonished, she turned to look at me. "You weren't ever afraid?"

I thought for a moment. "I was but only with him." She knew that as soon as I mentioned the evil Uchiha that it was time for a subject change. Before either of us could come up with anything, we heard a familiar voice reading aloud around the corner.

Turning the corner we saw Sai seated at one of the tables, surrounded by discarded books studied one. "Hey Sai." Sakura greeted while I just waved slightly. "Did you come here looking for art books?" She asked, sitting down. I sat down with her but focused on the books I got.

Itachi had given me a list and I had gotten most of the books on it, some were going to have to wait until next time I came here because I couldn't carry anything else. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder to break me out of my trance. I looked up to find Sakura and Sai both standing.

"Come on, we're going to visit Kakashi-sensei." She said.

I nodded. "I'll drop these off on the way there."

- -

After dropping my books off to Itachi who seemed to brighten instantly, then checking to make sure Kisame hadn't boiled himself out by the pool. He hadn't moved an inch since I left so I thought it was dead for a second. He's alive though. I got a stick and poked him to make sure.

We were on our way to go and pick up Naruto and being me, I spotted him first. Sitting sadly by a creepy ass lion statue. I could see the thoughts of Sasuke flowing through his head and knew that I needed to stop them immediately. "Naruto!" I yelled out, waving my hands wildly while Sakura laughed and Sai watched on.

Naruto's face brightened considerably which brought warmth to my chest. "Hey!" he yelled then stopped. "Why is Sai here?"

I laughed and sat down next to him. "We ran into him at the library." Sakura explained, standing directly in front of Naruto. "How can you even stand it at the library? It's so uncomfortable." Naruto grumbled. I laughed slightly. "I know how you feel!"