Prologue

Seeing him walked away from me for the first time was a big blow to my heart but seeing him happy with her.....I feel like my whole world shattered. I guess, promises are really meant to be broken. And I don't think I can handle this again.

7 years earlier...

I ran to the house as fast as I can before it was too late. My Mom called me and told me the news. He promised, he promised that he wouldn't leave me alone.

"Luke! Luke!" I screamed while knocking at his front door so hard that I think I would tear the whole door apart.

"I swear to goodness' sake, Luke, if you didn't open this door.." I mumbled to myself while frantically trying to get my phone out of my back pocket.

"Sam?" Said a voice and I instantly turned around to see who it was.

"Luke! Thank God!" I ran up to him and hugged him so tight, I could probably suffocate him.

"Mom, said you we're leaving today. I thought I was too late. Why would you do this to me, Luke? Why didn't you tell me?" I mumbled to his chest, making my eyes turn watery.

"I'm so sorry, Sam." He said with remorse. "My family and I are moving to Australia because Dad got a new job there. I tried reasoning them to stay here, but I guess I failed. I didn't want to tell you because I'm afraid to see you  sad and it hurts me, Sam."

"What do we do, now?" I asked afraid that I'm going to lose someone who is special to me, who was there for me, who I secretly love.

"I mean, we could communicate through social media? Right? I could facetime, chat, call you anytime. Yes, we may have different timezones but for you, I'll do it for you. I promise."he said forcing a smile. I could still see the sadness in his eyes.

Don't make promises you can't keep, Luke.

"I mean, as bestfriends, you would really do that." I said laughing lightly, making the situation light while trying not to let my tears fall down.

I guess this is it. I mean this sucks.

With nothing but an injured heart, I nodded my head yes to his idea.

And then we stared at each others' eyes, making me feel that this is our last goodbye.

Blue eyes that would forever haunt me in my dreams.

I don't know if I could handle this again.