Chapter 2

Steve walked into one of the old condemned buildings in down town Gotham that he had been using since he got back in town two months ago. He knew that if he tried to use his old house, the police would be on top of him in seconds, so he chose a building that no one would ever go in.

He walked over to a far wall that had several pictures of Dick. He smiled as he pulled a few more from an envelope and stuck them to the wall as well. "Soon you'll be mine again, and then you will know what it feels like to feel afraid in your own home."

He had been watching Dick ever since he got back in Gotham, taking pictures and writing down the places he would go and the names of the people he would hang out with. He had a plan to make Dick's life the worst nightmare he's ever seen.

YJYJYJYJYJYJYJYJ

Bruce watched as Dick did his workout on the uneven bars. They had been sparring for the past hour, but Bruce wanted to get to work on finding Steve before he could get to Dick. He knew Steve would want revenge on Dick, and he needed to make sure that didn't happen.

"Bruce!" Dick yelled when he saw Bruce leaving the room. He did a couple flips before he landed on the ground and ran toward Bruce. "Where you going?"

"I'm going to the cave to work on a new case."

"The guy that was following us?"

"Yeah." Bruce turned and started walking to the cave. "I'm gonna find out who he is and what he wants." He knew it was a lie, but he didn't want Dick to worry about Steve coming for him.

"Can I help?" Dick asked cheerfully.

"No," Bruce replied quickly and sternly.

"But you said today would be just you and me," Dick complained. They both stopped.

"Look, if it was any other case, I wouldn't be doing this, but this guy may," even though he knew he was, "be after you. You're still recovering from your injuries and I don't want you to worry about this."

"But I'm fine. Both Alfred and the doctor said I'm healed. I can go back to work as Robin now, and I'll probably worry about this more if you don't let me help," Dick said a little angry.

Bruce looked down at him sternly. "I said no." He then turned and continued to the cave. He could feel Dick glaring at him, but he just ignored it. 'It's for your own good.'

YJYJYJYJYJYJYJYJ

Over the next few days, Bruce hadn't found anything else about where Steve was or where he was staying. It was starting to make him both mad and worried. However, Dick had been, he just hadn't realized it was Steve.

That very night that Bruce told him he couldn't help, Dick received a letter. He'd also gotten a letter in the mornings and evenings over the next few days. He never told Bruce about the letters. He knew he should, but he also knew that since the team knew his secret identity, Bruce would have them "babysitting" him, and he really didn't want that.

The letters weren't really that bad anyway, no threats or anything like that. The first one was just about how this guy knew where he lived and told him that he was watching everything Dick did. The other letters just showed Dick that this guy really was watching him. Yes, these letters worried him a bit, but considering what Bruce would do, he decided to wait until it got worse.

Bruce and Dick were sitting at the dining table eating their breakfast just like they did every morning. Bruce had just finished cleaning his plate when Alfred walked in and went over to Dick. "Another letter for you, Master Dick."

Bruce looked over at Dick with one eyebrow raised. "Another letter?" he asked jokingly as he picked up his coffee and smiled. "A secret admirer, Dick?" He then took a drink.