Two Turtle Doves (Destiel from Supernatural)

"Are you friggin' kidding me?" Dean growled as debris rained over his head. "Elves? Elves?"

He didn't really expect Sam to answer as they took cover in the kitchen, but his brother gave him a shrug anyway that clearly said 'What do you expect me to do?' Dean huffed, flinching as another volley of candy exploded over his head, demolishing a chunk of the gingerbread wall.

It had seemed like a regular hunt to begin with. They'd spotted some news reports about local kids going missing in a town only a couple of hours' drive away from the bunker, and done the usual kitting up and heading out, not thinking much of it. But the kids had lead to a honest-to-God gingerbread house smack in the middle of some creepy-ass woods, and inside that house had been some creatures with a taste for human children.

And candy, apparently.

"I thought elves baked cookies and made shoes!" Dean demanded, more to himself as he tried to wipe the blood away from his lip. Apparently, that's not what elves did at all. After all; they'd found out that Hansel and Gretel were both real and homicidal not so long ago, it shouldn't really have been much of a shock to discover that elves popped up once a year at Christmas, not to help Santa and his sleigh, but to lure kids out of bed and then slit their throats and eat them.

Dean hated pretty much all supernatural things, but he had a special kind of smiting he saved for things that preyed on kids. These monsters were going to hell. Every single one of the tiny bastards.

"How many we got left?" Sam asked as they used their second of cover to clean their blades and take stock.

Dean risked looking back into the living room, and got his face almost sliced in half for his trouble. "Only three I think!" he yelled as rolled into the other room and grappled with the elf that had launched for his face. They were only a foot or so tall, but the little fuckers were fast and had razor sharp teeth, not to mention candy canes almost as big as they were that they wielded with a hell of a punch.

If Dean had forgotten this, he was soon reminded of this as one of the weaponised candies smashed right into his left knee, dislocating and twisting it sickeningly, making him bellow in rage and pain. Sammy was soon there, swiping the thing's head off with his serrated clever, splattering blood all over Dean's clothes and face.

"Urgh, dude?" he protested despite his pain, but Sam just rolled his eyes.

"You're welcome, jerk," he goaded with a raised eyebrow.

Dean grunted and tried to sit upright as his knee popped excruciatingly back into place, scouring the room for the last couple of creatures. "Bitch," he mumbled, but his heart wasn't really in it.

Not really being able to move and panting in pain, Dean was a sitting duck, but Sam stood by him, waiting for another elf to spring out and attack. A trembling of the sugar-spun plates on the walls and the hardened fudge floorboards gave them a heads up as the last two elves burst through the candy at them, sharp teeth flashing and squeaky snarls escaping their throats. Sam managed to cut down one of them, but the second got through both his and Dean's blade, and sunk it's teeth into the leather of Dean's jacket, ripping all the way through to his flesh.

He howled and threw the damn thing off, taking several strips of his arm with it as the fresh pain tore through his body. "Sam!" he managed to rasp, and before the thing could scrabble back to its feet, Sam slashed his knife down again, separating its head from its body and stopping it for good. The head bounced across the floor, the bell on its hat jangling as it did.

"Ungh!" Dean moaned, dropping onto his back and cradling his arm. Shit, some hunts you just did not have any luck.

Sam was hovering over him in seconds. "Let me see?" he demanded, and even though Dean held out the open wounds for him to take a quick look at, he was already shaking his head.