New Student

Hey guys! The picture attached is basically the way Hayley's room looks. Of course, hers is a bit bigger. :) Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter-- I have indeed introduced a new character! ;)

--

The weekend seemed to fly by. It was already Monday. The day I dreaded the most. Laying in bed, I rubbed my eyes and felt around for my phone. The alarm was going off; a sound that annoyed me a lot.

"Ugh," I groaned, still searching for my phone. I sat up a little and spotted it.

After turning the alarm off, I stretched and sat there for a second, rubbing my eyes again.

My mind immediately went to Taylor. Was he really going to be at school today? I wondered why. He already had loads of money and apparently fame. Why go to our high school?

Questions filled my head as I proceeded to get out of bed and take a quick shower.

Once I was done, I got dressed. I was wearing my red Ramones shirt and my black and white skinny jeans. My favorite outfit. Walking to my tall mirror, against my wall, I looked at my reflection. Especially focusing on my hair. Damn it was a mess.

Hurriedly, I brushed through my red hair. When I was done, I grabbed my phone and book bag and made my way downstairs out of the door.

Usually, I walked to school even though I had a car. It was easier on my mom and I. Besides, school was within walking distance. And for that, I was grateful.

--

After two agonizing hours with no sign of Taylor York, I was relieved. He wasn't going to show up, I kept thinking.

Boy, was I wrong.

[english class]

"Alright students, listen up! We've got a brand new student that'll be joining this class period. His name is," Suddenly, Taylor walked into the classroom, "Taylor York."

Squeals erupted from every girl in class as Taylor walked in and stood beside Mr. Johnson. I rolled my eyes at their silly reactions. There was no way those girls would ever focus on their work ever again.
I stole a sideways glance at Melanie, who was also in the same English period. She was gawking at him.

Suddenly, Taylor waved. He was wearing black jeans, a black shirt, and a black jacket. He really knew how to catch someone's attention. I watched his gaze; he was scanning over everyone in his class. In that exact moment, I wanted to sink so damn far in my chair. Please don't look at me, I repeated in my head while eyeing him nervously.

Unfortunately, his eyes soon landed on me. He kept them on me for a few lingering seconds; a smirk appearing on his face. I blushed. Can I disappear now?

I averted my gaze and looked at the pencils on my desk, hoping he'd look away. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Looking up carefully, I felt a wave of relief. He was no longer looking.

--

"Hayley! Wait up!" I heard Melanie's voice behind me.

I stopped and turned around to face her. She was jogging up to me with a huge grin on her face. Her pink skirt bouncing.

Her hand landed on my shoulder. She let out a puff of air. "He actually came," She said breathlessly, "He actually goes to school here now!!"

I nodded. "Mmhmm, yep."

Melanie shook her head. "Come on, I know the whole 'I stole $20 from your wallet' ordeal was embarrassing but you can't tell me you aren't a little excited. You also definitely can't deny the fact that he is very, very hot."

He was hot. She was right; I couldn't deny that.

"Okay," I said slowly, "I'm a little excited but I don't plan on having any social interactions with him anytime soon."

Mel laughed. "Hmmm, alright. We'll see about that."

--

It was about 7 p.m. when my mom knocked on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I said clearly, still holding the pen in my hand. I had been writing. Little poems here and there.

My mom opened my door and leaned against it. "Hey sweetie." She was smiling. My mom was beautiful. "Wanna come with me to get some groceries? We're almost out of food."

I gasped, lifting my left hand to my chest. "What? This is an emergency. Let's go!" I exclaimed. We both started laughing and eventually I nodded.

"Yes, I'll go. Just give me a sec."

"Alright, dear. I'll be in the car." She said, turning away and shutting the door behind her.

I looked down at my notebook page, tilting my head slightly. The six words sat on the first line. I badly wanted to erase them and throw the paper away but I knew I needed to do something.

Sighing, I closed my notebook and placed it beside me, along with the pen. I got up and checked my appearance in the mirror. Surely pajamas were okay to wear in public, right?

--

Not even 5 minutes had passed in the grocery store and we were already forgetting the things we needed to buy. My mom was in front of me, with the cart. I was following behind her in my pink long sleeve t-shirt and fluffy pink pants.

"Hmm, butter." She said, with furrowed eyebrows. She pushed the cart all the way down the aisle and went straight to the dairy section. Once I caught up with her, I let her know I was heading to the bathroom.

She nodded and I was on my way. As I got closer, I started thinking of the note again. Only 6 words. Six stupid words to be exact. But how else was I supposed to say it?

I started rounding the corner to walk to the bathrooms but felt my body bump into someone else's. To my surprise, I looked up and saw someone I hadn't seen in a while.

Josh Farro.

--

Did y'all like the chapter?? I hope so! I can't wait to write more. ^_^