Awkward? Awkward.

"Hayley," Josh said softly. His hands were on my arms; he held onto me to keep me stable and to keep me from falling.

Biting my lip, I looked up at his dark brown eyes. His hair was still the same. Short, brown, and sharp looking. His eyes were already on me.

I swallowed, not knowing what to say. Josh was my ex. The last person I dated. I had found him cheating on me with some brunette and knew I needed to dump him. So I did. It's been 3 months.

This wasn't our first encounter after our breakup though. The other times we both avoided each other. He had also been with that girl. This time, he wasn't with her and we had no choice but to talk to each other now.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, averting my gaze. I tried quickly removing myself from his grasp to move around him but he kept his hands on my arms.

"No," He said, "Look at me, Hayley."

I sighed and looked at him, again.

"I'm sorry." He was looking me dead in the eye.

I didn't know what to say. What was I supposed to say? Don't accept the apology, I thought.

"We're in a grocery store." I blurted, hoping he'd just leave and get away from me. Having him this close made me uncomfortable. I didn't want him near me.

He finally dropped his hands and backed up. His expression was unreadable but he was still looking at me.

"Here," He took out a pen from his back pocket and grabbed my hand, "Text me so I know when we can meet up to talk."

After he was done scribbling, he gave me a small smile and walked past me. I lifted my left hand to read what he wrote.

His number.

--

Two chapters in one day!!! Haha, this one is short but I hope y'all like it! :)