Part One

"Oh man! Get him! FUCK!" You shouted as Dan hurriedly had charged through another horde of creatures as he had taken a moment to try and help beat the boss battle in Bloodborne. You had just gotten it after months of him and Arin talking about it since the new DLC came out. You were curled up on Dan's couch with your feet tucked under you as another string of curses left Dan's lips.

"SHIT, SHIT SHIT! OH MY GOD HOW DOES ARIN FUCKING-Goddamnit!" Dan sat back shaking his head passing you the controller. You took it with a sigh as you watched Dan adjust to throw out his arms while looking at you in disbelief. "I HAD HIM! YOU SEEN THAT SHIT!" He laughed as he threw his head back still not understanding it. You decided to join in laughing with him shaking your own head. Dan situated his glasses after ruffling his thick curls with a long sigh.

"Was so close! I saw the bar like-you could have sneezed on him Daniel!" your voice was dripping with surprise as well that it literally was one more hit, but alas, the screen came up again and there your character stood ready to try again. You huffed sitting up straighter taking a moment to come up with an off-chance game plan that would possibly work, with a miracle. Dan you glanced to see was checking his phone then looking to you. His arm was resting then on the back of the couch as he looked you over.

Your expression was offsetting the cute pajama pants you decided to come over in along with the black t-shirt that hung over your form comfortably. You were frowning as your mind tried to remember Dan's techniques he must had learned from watching Arin's runs. Evade, roll, strike when he's turned around, then back off with the range he had. You gently pushed the stick to move you forward as so, before a huff of Dan's own came from your side.

"If you can do this, awesome, cause wow, that is like terrifying to do as the player! I know like I totally hate scary shit, and this is similar, but god-damn, just, I feel like I'm gonna have a heart-attack man!" Dan's expression was that of a little pride you couldn't see clearly that he did brave it to try and help you. He was always the one trying to brave things for your sake if you needed. Whether it was a tedious crazy video game, or something to do with possibly killing yet another spider last week that he too hated, but knew you wouldn't get off the couch until the coast was clear.

It was how it always was though. Ever since you met Dan it was him and you just being buddies, saving the other, making the other feel better, chasing away the rainy days, it was easy. You liked that he was easy to do many things with. He was easy to talk to, easy to joke with, easy to trust, easy to get comfortable with, easy to- "FUCK HEAL, HEAL!!" Dan's voice was shouting through the living room as you came back into your head. Your fingers reacted as he had almost commanded them and you glanced to see you had almost been dead. You took a pause to run your hands over your face with a sigh. Your palms covered your eyes as another long breath exited you.

"I can't focus anymore." You announced shaking your head. You felt Dan flip a few strands of hair over your head just casually playing with it like he always did.

"So stop? I mean why get super-stressed, hate the game, and have wasted money, hm?" Dan's shoulders you heard shrug against his couch as he made his rather decent point.

"Arin does it! So why can't I?!" You joked but had a harder look on your face when you met his eyes. Dan's brown ones rolled before he snatched the controller from you.

"Because Arin," Dan went through the process of turning off the system, "is stubborn, AND, not as delicate as you. That is why my dear." Dan tossed the controller back between you on the cushion. You scowled watching him slowly become amused like usual that he got a rise out of you somehow.

"I am not 'delicate' nor am I giving up so easily! I just said I couldn't focus anymore!" you overly defended yourself, a habit which you always swore you needed to break. Dan's giggles were coming through clearly after that as he shook his head.