The Best Day of Snape's Life

Severous walked down to the park to meet Lily. It was about the time Hogwarts sends letters so, they were both antsy.

"Sev! Come on, Mum gave me a few dollars. Want some ice cream?" Lily asked. Her red hair was in a braid over her shoulder as usual, and Severous loved it. He nodded and they ran to the shop.

"So, Sev, what's happened in your world since yesterday?" Lily inquire.

"Not much, but I did find another wizard story book." Snape replied.

"Did you bring it?" Lily asked, with the same light in her eye she always got when he told her facts or stories from the wizarding world. She couldn't wait to get there.

"Of course!" He pulled the book out of his backpack. "The tales of Beetle and Bard." He read Bapity Rabity and the Cackling Stump and The Pot and the Kettle (I haven't read it in a long time okay and I know he wouldn't read the story about the hairy heart.) when two owls flew down at them and dropped them each a letter.

It was sealed with the Hogwarts crest.

"These are our letters!" Sev exclaimed.

That was always the best day of Snape's life, because they had each other as friends and that was all they needed.

In all honesty, Snape did move on after his crush Lily Potter's death, but never after his best friend, Lily Evans'.