Chapter 95

****Not Edited****

"Zayra the phone for you." Emily knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" she opened the door letting her in.

"It's Martha."

"Oh." she grabbed the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi Zayra, it's Martha. I hope you're not busy?"

"No I'm good, what's up?"

"Well listen, I was talking to my mom about dad's birthday." Zayra cringed thinking about Don Xavier. She listened to Martha continue. "And well he's turning 65 and has officially stepped down as C.E.O well we were wondering if you could take time to be here for his birthday."

"Oh. Wow 65 years old huh?" she didn't want to go because she knew there was still some friction between the two.

"Yes, well you see, there's a song that I'd like for you to sing for him. I'm having the Mariachi group you guys went to see in Mexico fly over to perform and I'd really appreciate it if you sang a couple of songs with them." she stood quiet. "Please Zayra, I know that you guys are still not in speaking terms but you know I wouldn't ask you this unless it was important to me." She blew out her breath.

"When do you plan on having this?"

"His birthday happens to land on a weekend this time so I'm happy about that."

Zayra was looking at her Calendar. His birthday was a week before Roman's.

"What songs do you want me to do for him?"

She heard Martha's smile as she told her the songs she wanted her to sing with the Mariachi.

"Okay Martha, I'll be there." she spoke with her for a while longer before hanging up.

She looked at her schedule on her phone. She was to stay in L.A for a few more days then she had to rush to New York for a couple of interviews. They had asked her to present some awards in Europe and had a couple of photo shoots set up as well. She figured she could make her way back to Peru as soon as she was done anyway.

She looked at the time. She was meeting Jeremy in the studio to continue with everyone's albums, including hers.

She smiled, a true smile. This she enjoyed most of all about the music business. The music. Period.

******

Roman called Zayra a few times and wondered why she wasn't answering. He finally decided to call his brother and see what was going on with Zayra. He wanted to tell her that he wouldn't be able to fly to L.A as he had thought. He would have to meet somewhere else.

He sighed frustrated.

He wanted to take her out somewhere for his birthday just the two of them and wondered about her schedule. He text Emily to get Zayra's new schedule, he knew they had added a few more dates. He heard his father calling him back in.

He looked at his phone and decided to try later.

*****

Enrique watched his brother's face turn scarlet at the news. It wasn't good. He looked at Roman's face and knew he was thinking about ways to fix this.

He thought that once they had finished auditing the entire company from top to bottom they'd find the person or persons responsible for all the discrepancies that was happening to the company for the past couple of years.

They did find a few interesting things and had dealt with it accordingly.

Suddenly no more missing merchandise.