Part 1, Chapter 6

Connor leans over to look at me, where he scans up and down. I'm still nervous about the dream, and I know he knows something is up. Connor knows me too well, but not perfectly. He might suspect it, I don't know. As i'm worried about what might happen if he does find out, he snaps in my face and I jump out of the trance.
"What's wrong there, bud?" Connor has an unusually concerned look spread across his face. Even his body language screams out worry.
"Somethin is up, but I don't want to talk about it right now"
That was dumb. I spoke that like I was on drugs. Fast and harsh.
Connor leaned back in the seat.
"M'kay, I won't force nothin'."
There he goes again, his smooth language and speech.
I, too, lean back in the seat and aigh deeply. I really want to tell him but I have no idea what his sexual prefrence is.
Not a clue.
I turn to him, and he's staring out the driver's side window.
"Hey, Connor.." I whisper under my breath. He instantly flicks his head to me.
"Yeah? What's up?"
"I've never heard you talk about girls or anything. Aren't you into that stuff?" I know I sound nosey, but I'm really curious.
Connor sighs deeply, slowly looking up to me.
"Yeah i'm intrested in that kind' stuff.. It's jus..." His voice trailed off and he looked down to the floorboard.
"I don't play for th' other team, you know?"
The other team?
First off I was very confused. I didn't know sports was-
That's not sports.
I nearly facepalm, because I mentioned the preference. But this exited me to no end.
"So. Your a faggot?" I try to sound serious to mess with him, and I shouldn't of done that. He started tearing up when he grabbed hus back and tried to make it out the door.
Shit.
I grab his arm before he could make a dash
"WAIT" I shout, and he obeyed. Connor sat there looking away, crying
"I..." I try to make any sound I make audible.
After a few seconds of his crying and my inability to speak, I decide to act.
I lean in and kiss him on the cheek.
Connor instantly stops weeping.
"Did ya jus'..." He looks at me in shock.
I was blushing heavily, I could feel my face burning.
"Yeah.. yeah I did." I reply.
He looks at me with an estatic look.
Before I could say anything else he lunges on top of me, and we're both lost in a kiss. I don't know how long it lasted, but we were seperated by the faint sound of a bell coming from the school campus. Hesitantly on both our ends, we fix ourselves and reach for the door handles.
"Why did ya say that?" Connor questioned me.
"Well I thought that I would make a joke then reveal what I am, I thought you would see through my words." I try to explain.
"I see.." He begins to sigh.
"Well then go an' spit it out. What are ya?"
I chuckle, I thought the kissing was game enough.
"After what just happened, I think you know." I joke mildly. Connor smiles and nods, opening the truck door.
"Don't. Tell. A. Soul." I command to him.
"Same goes to you, friend."
We laugh and hug. He gives me a little pinch on my ass before he runs off to 1st period.
He must remember we have that class together, he can't escape me that easy.