6: Breakthrough

Hey, school's started again & well, I have a lot shit to do so my mind is no where near this story at the moment. However, I will still write as best I can for it. So without further a due... the story continues. Deuces!✌

(Picture of Nikki a.k.a. August's ex-girlfriend)

P.s. Does she look familiar?

P.s.s. This will most likely suck, but I tried! I don't really have the drive to write this anymore, but I refuse to leave any of my published works undone. So the show goes on!》
_______

Breakthrough

I had not intended to fight anymore today physically or verbally, but it seems like weapons are being formed against me left and right. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Daisy making her way over to us pushing through the little crowd we had attracted. Nikki was still going on and on about how she was going to fuck me up and I was lucky that Kirko was holding her back. I rolled my eyes taking a step forward only for Brandon to pull me back against him. "You can let me go now", I said folding my arms across my chest. "You kosher?", he asked.

"I'm kosher", I responded and he let me go. I sidestepped him to walk back around the picnic table to where August was sitting feeding Jaidah who was happily eating and babbling away to him. I sat down beside him and reached for Jai but he blocked me with his arm. "Give me my baby, August", I said through clenched teeth reaching for her again. I was not in the mood right now. "Move", he responded blocking me again.

I sucked in a deep breath of air and exhaled it through my nose to calm myself down because August was really passing me off. "August don't get beside yourself right now. Give me my daughter", I said haughtily. "You know, you're right. She is your daughter but you was just outta line by that shit you pulled", he responded with an attitude taking me aback. "Pardon?", I asked incredulously. He shook his head, feeding Jaidah a spoon of potato salad.

"You're a grown ass woman, act like it. I shouldn't have to babysit you. You have a daughter that watches everything you do and you're wilding for no reason", he reprimanded. I scoffed, "No reason? You know what? You and Nikki can both go to hell together. Give me my daughter and we will find our own way home", I responded taking her from a stunned looking August. I rose from the picnic table sitting Jai on my hip before making my way through the crowd towards the side gate, not wanting to deal with anyone else. "Go?", Jai asked in a small voice making me look at her. She was enjoying herself and now it was ruined. I felt guilty because I was letting my pride get in the way.

So what if I had gotten in a fight and August had basically taken the other person's side over mine? Fuck the both of them. I do not have to talk to either of them or even be in the same area so I decided to stay for Jai's sake. I shook my head giving her a little smile. "No, baby. We're staying for little while longer then we have to go home to Jussy", I said finally answering her question. She smiled and squirmed around in my arms to let me know that seems wanted to be put down. I kissed her head before putting her down on her own two feet and instead holding her hand.

I let her lead us over to the patio area where a group of kids were playing. "I play?", she asked looking up at me. I smiled letting go our her hand. "Yeah, baby. You can go play and i'll be right here waiting for you", I responded. She smiled back before walking over to the kids while I watched her be a social butterfly. Everyone likes my daughter and wants to be her friend.

I think she gets it from my mama. She was like that. She had all of the doctors and nurses at the hospital spending their lunch breaks with her. She was always the social butterfly and got along with just about everybody. She was an amazing woman and lit up the room with her warmth and joy wherever she went. That was my mama.