7. When It Rains It Pours

《A/N. I am officially free from school work until the fall semester and it has been a while since I updated this, so I am updating this story. I don't really know where i'm going with this anymore but hopefully it all ties together nicely anyway. Deuces!✌》

When It Rains It Pours

I have not heard from August in a few days and Justin and I's relationship is strained at the moment. We live together and work together so we keep everything cordial and straight to the point. We don't laugh together like we used or chill like we used to. Aside from work, we don't even talk anymore unless we absolutely have to. All that I really have is Jaidah and as hard as it is to say this, but she isn't enough for me anymore. I need more. I feel so alone.

Jai is gone with Justin out for the day because he wanted some one on one time with his goddaughter and who am I to deny him that right? Her mother, yes. But he has done way more for her, for me to even pay him back for. The least I can do is grant him this little request. The house feels even bigger than it already is now that they are gone. I had nothing to do since I had already finished my work for the day so I decided to clean the barely dirty house. By the time it was lunch time I had washed all of our clothes and had cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, and made up everybody's bed. I was in the living room picking up Jaidah's toys when the door bell rang.

I had the music system playing K. Michelle's album softly as background noise and to make cleaning up less boring. I turned the music down even lower and went answered the door. I opened the door without paying attention to who I was opening it for and regretted it instantly when I looked up from checking the time on my phone. There he stood on Justin's doorstep in all of his fucked up glory, Brian.

As usual he was smoking a spliff but he was off. He looked like always looked to me, but I felt a shiver run down my spine as I got a bad feeling. "Daddy's home", he said and I went to slam the door shut but he stuck his foot in it stopping it. I leaned my weight against the door to try to keep him out but that is hard to do on Marble floors while wearing socks. "No! Leave me alone! Leave, Brian!", I yelled pushing on the door.

He laughed, "You better get off this fucking door before I really give you a reason to keep me out this house", he threatened but I was not about to be that stupid again. It didn't make a difference. It never did. If I let him in   or he gets in he is still going to hurt me. So why make it easy on him? I threw my weight against the door one more time trying to break his damn foot before I took off running to the kitchen to get to the backdoor or at least some protection against him.

I heard the door slam open and his sneakers squeaking on the floor as he chased after me. I had just started to round the counter to grab a skillet when I was picked up off of my feet. I kicked and screamed in an effort to get away from him but he just drug me into the garage. He threw me onto the ground and I fell on my wrist hurting it, but I ignored the pain in it to scramble to my feet to run again. However, I did not get far before I was kicked in the leg and I fell back down crying out in pain. "Stop! He-", I started screaming until he slapped the spit out of mouth.

My teeth had cut my bottom lip making me whimper in pain. "Why won't you leave me alone, Brian?", I mumbled trying to crawl away. "Because I love you, Bae. You my property and I warned you about starting shit with me and disrespecting me. I gave you plenty of time to come crawl your ass back home, but I came to take you back and remind you who the fuck I am", he sneered before punching me in the face, knocking me sprawled out on the floor. I can already feel my cheek bruising and swelling up.