Chapter 10 - [The Rains Touch]

Queen Nixie walked over to her chamber after having a large argument with the captain of the Navy ship they were supposed to board.

He had said that it was too stormy out for them to leave and that they would have to wait for the storm to pass before they left the Caspian port.

She knew her daughter was in danger and she didn’t want to waste time.

And as the storm blew over Caspian, she felt the terror rising. She walked out to the balcony of her bedroom and stood in the rain. She could feel him. She could smell him too, smell him in the wet, humid air.

Nereus wasn’t dead.

She herself found it hard to believe. She had watched her King kill him, she had watched as his blood soaked the dagger that she had given her husband and had watched as his body dried up as the suns bright rays hit him.

But somehow, he was back.

She had lived for twenty-six years assuming he was dead. Only a small part of her thought that there was a possibility that he was alive. And that was the part that forced her to keep her children locked away from her past. But now all of her was sure that he was alive, every single piece of her soul.

She stared out at the sea, thinking deeply of how he could have been revived, but then she felt something.

Queen Nixie’s eyes suddenly widened.

She could feel his hands on her.

She looked down at her body, which was soaked by the rain, but saw no one. However, she still felt him. She felt his hands touch her waist and move to her hips and down along her thighs.

She stepped back into her bedroom, as fear and disgust overwhelmed her.

After removing all her clothes, she quickly dried herself and her shaking hands calmed as she felt his touch disappear.

“You can’t escape me.” She heard.

She immediately turned around and covered herself with her robes.

“You know that.”

It was a whisper, but it was clear.

“Show yourself.” Queen Nixie demanded.

She sensed his amusement.

“Even after twenty-six years, you are still as beautiful as ever.” She heard him say. “Such lovely eyes, such smooth skin, such a beautiful body and very soft lips.”

Queen Nixie glared. “I told you to show yourself.”

“How am I to show myself when I am everywhere.” He said with a hint of a chuckle. Suddenly, she heard water splashing.

She turned around and looked out at the balcony. Her eyes widened as the raindrops pulled together and formed a figure with no details. It was the watery figure of a man, a man with no face.

“Are you satisfied, my queen?” He asked.

“I am not your queen, Nereus.” She said.

The faceless figure began to walk over to her, leaving wet footsteps on the rug when he entered the room. “We are forever connected, Nixie.”

Queen Nixie stepped back.

“Ahh, yes. There was something else I had to tell you, my Queen.” He said.

Queen Nixie glared at him, not saying a word.

“Your daughter… she has grown up to be such a beauty.” He said.