Chapter 1~Worlds Apart

Cameras began clicking and making noise as a limousine pulled up at a red carpet in London.

"And please welcome Miss Miya Delaris!" someone declared out loud as a servant opened the limo door and an eighteen year old girl with bouncy red hair and green eyes came out of the limo.

She hand on a sparkly rainbow dress that came up to her knees with a colorful skirt billowing out and down towards the ground and black velvet peep toe pumps.

The crowd went crazy and she walked down the carpet as the paparazzi took a picture of her in all of her beauty and glory.

She walked into the movie theater and began to head towards the stairs that led to the balcony.

She smiled as she walked towards a man with golden blonde and green eyes.

"Good evening, father." she greeted as she sat down.

Her dad smiled.

"Hello, my beautiful girl! How was your ride to the theater?" he asked.

"Why, it was quite splendid! I liked watching shows on the TV.  Especially The Fairly Oddparents." she noted, which made her dad laugh.

"Then, it was probably a good choice to let you ride that limo." he told her.

Miya nodded.

"Yes, it was." she said.

What her dad didn't know was that she was able to steal at least  three glasses of Merlot and one glass of Russian vodka while on that ship. If her dad found out, then that would be the end of her.

That was when the lights turned off and the music began to play.

Her dad smiled as he gripped her hand tightly.

"It's showtime."

                                                                                     ~

All the way on the outskirts of Miami, Florida, a school by the name of Johnson Square High School was in session the day after Miya went to go watch a show in London.

A boy with shaggy brown hair and brown eyes came out of his Language Arts class and headed over to his locker.

Before he could open his locker, his friend Perry Front stood in front of his locker.

The boy sighed.

"What do you want, Perry?" he asked his friend.

Perry had ridiculously shaggy blonde hair with greyish-blue eyes and he had a pair of black Kenneth Cole eyeglasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

"Derek, you didn't wait for me." he pointed out simply.

Derek groaned loudly as he shoved past Perry and opened the locker door so that he can put his Language Arts binder away and take out his History book along with his folder and binder.

"Perry, you're upset over that?!" he exclaimed.

"That and something else." Perry peered over Derek's shoulder. "Why are you still crushing on her? You've been crushing on her ever since her debut at age 14. You'll never get to meet her no matter how hard you try." Perry pointed out.

Derek rolled his eyes.

"Thanks for being a great friend, Perry." Derek stated sarcastically as he shut his locker and pushed past Perry.

Perry sighed as he began to walk after Derek.

"But seriously! The only reason you're getting bullied is because you're having a lame crush on a girl like her! She's even two years older than you!" Perry exclaimed.

"Says the guy who's crushing on Megan Fox." Derek said, which made Perry gawk.

"Okay, you've got a point." the two headed down the long, yet busy corridor. "But still!" he complained.

Just then, someone pushed Derek into the wall.

A guy with brown hair and dark brown eyes got up in Derek's face.

"Found ya again, lame Spanish dude." the guy sneered.

Derek bit his lip as he glared at the guy.

"Louis..." he trailed off.

Louis is a senior at Johnson Square High and he is also the football jock. All of the girls at this high school (including freshman girls) are in love with this guy. And he has crowned one girl as his girlfriend. And this girl was someone that Perry was crushing on.

Hard.

"Hello, Spanish boy. Still as nerdy as always?" Louis asked.

"Yes, I am. At least I'm more smarter than you." Derek shot back smartly.

That made Louis growl as he swung a punch at Derek, making Derek fall back onto the floor.

Louis towered over Derek as Louis began to speak.

"If I'm not as smart as you, then why can't you still defeat me at anything?" he asked while kicking Derek.

Derek said nothing as he kicked him again.

"Huh?! Why won't you answer me, Derek?!" Louis growled as he kicked Derek again.

Derek eyed him weakly with a small smirk on his face.

"Why? Because I would never answer to a jock like you." he pointed out.

Louis gritted his teeth.

"Why you...!" Louis growled before grabbing Derek by his red Hollister shirt and he tried to punch him.

"STOP!"

A girl the same age as Perry and Derek grabbed ahold of Louis' hand and he whirled around to face a girl with black hair and brown eyes.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Louis, stop bullying them. How many times do we have to go through this?" she asked.

Louis sighed as he let go of Derek's shirt and he shoved him off to the side.

"Whatever. Let's go, Merlina." he snapped as he roughly grabbed ahold of her wrist and they began to walk.

Merlina turned her head to face Derek and Perry and she shot a weak smile in their direction.

Derek shot a small smile in her direction while Perry gave her the, "Call Me" symbol.

Derek whacked Perry upside the head.

"Ow! Really, dude?!" Perry complained.

Derek rolled his eyes.

"And I thought you had a crush on Fox. Megan will be crushed." Derek pointed out simply as he walked off.

Perry pouted before racing after Derek.

"Derek, wait up!"

                                                                                     ~