Chapter 3~Blazing Miami

Hey! I normally don't do author's notes, but here I am. Doing an author note. Well, I have a photo off to the side that I like to call Reality vs. Fanfiction. There is a fanfiction version of this on my FF.net account, cherryXXvodka. This is the comparison between the two. Right now, we have Miya. Next chapter will be Derek! :3

                                                                                ~

The sun shone in through the curtains, bugging the hell out of an extremely tired Miya.

She let out a groan as she tiredly peeked her head out of the sheets. That was when her alarm began to go off.

"Gah...! Shut up!" she slammed her fist down on the clock and she heard it fall to the floor. She smiled in content as she curled up in the sheets once more.

That was quickly interrupted with a maid rushing into the room.

"Um...Miss Miya..." she trailed off.

"Yes?" she answered in an annoyed voice, shooting daggers at the maid.

The maid jolted.

"S-Sorry! I...Your father would like to see you after you get yourself ready..." she said.

Miya let out an audible growl as she kept glaring at her maid.

"Thanks for telling me. Now, can you leave?" she asked in a sweet, yet evil voice.

The maid nodded her head quickly before rushing out of the room so that she did not anger her even more.

Miya sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair, tired and still annoyed. She knew that she was heading to Miami today, but she didn't feel like leaving just yet. She loved the city of London.

She climbed out of bed and made her over to the closet, where she pulled out a pink tank top with a black and white tribal patter cardigan, dark grey leggings, and black Converse. She went and sat over by the vanity next to the closet. She combed her hair and put a black beanie on top of it. She put in diamond heart studs along with a matching pendant and a white watch around her wrist.

A knock came from the door.

"Dear? It's me." her father called out from behind the door.

A soft smile spread across her lips as she glanced over at the door.

"Come in, father." she called out.

Her father stepped into the room and he made his way over to her.

"Are you ready to go to Miami?" he asked, resting his hands on her shoulders.

She shrugged.

"I guess..." she trailed off.

Her father sighed as he looked at Miya's reflection in the mirror.

"You don't want to leave, do you?" he guessed.

"Wh-What?!" Miya looked surprised once her father asked her that. "No! I want to go to Miami!" she declared.

"Well, it sounded like you didn't want to leave here just yet." her father stated.

Miya sighed deeply, knowing that her father had seen through her obvious lie.

"I guess I don't want to leave just yet...this city is so beautiful..." she trailed off.

A soft smile fell onto her father's lips as he looked away and out the balcony door windows at London.

"I know...if your mother were here, she would've said the same..." he trailed off.

They were silent for what seemed like ages. Then, her father decided to speak up.

"Well, hurry up. We'll miss our flight if we stay here for too long." he told her before walking out of the room.

Once the door clicked shut, she let out a sigh. She stared at her reflection in the vanity mirror once more before getting up.

"I should get going before I get too attached to this city." she said before grabbing her bag and heading out of the room.

                                                                                     ~

After the plane flight that seemed like it had gone on for hours, it finally landed in Miami.

Miya stepped into the airport with her dad by her side and she looked around.

"It's so crowded..." she trailed off.

"It is. Miami is a big city, after all." her father noted.

Miya walked over to the window and looked at the city, gasping.

"Wow...it's so beautiful..." she looked over at her dad before speaking again.

"I can't wait to work here, Dad."

                                                                                  ~