Chapter 2~UK Skies

Miya rose from her bed slowly, tired from last night's movie premiere.

She had on a brown and white striped cami with white pajama shorts. She also had on a white eye mask that had the words, Don't Disturb, on it.

She took the eye mask off and walked over to the window. She pulled away the silk violet curtains away and looked at the busy streets of London.

"Just one more day...After that, we have to go to Miami to film the next movie..." she trailed off.

She walked over to the closet, sifted through her wardrobe, and put on a black blouse with brown skinny jeans and sliver sandals that had rainbow colored diamonds on it.

She curled her hair, tied her hair back in a low ponytail with a black scrunchie, picked up her black Coach purse, and headed down the metal spiral staircase to the lower floor.

"Miya, how did you sleep?" her dad, who was sitting at the table while reading the newspaper and sipping on some orange flavored tea, asked.

"I slept very well last night. However, I am quite bothered..." Miya trailed off as she sat down across from her dad. 

The maid placed a plate of eggs and bacon in front of Miya and she began to eat.

"Huh? What's wrong, dear?" her dad asked.

"It's just that...I didn't like the ending of Blood Red. There was the shooting duel with Drake and Robin and Robin got shot down too many times..." she trailed off as she took a bite out of her bacon.

Her dad had on a weak smile as he put down his cup.

"You were just like your mother..." he turned on his phone and looked at a woman on his wallpaper screen. "She hated violence. However, she got killed by violence..." he trailed off.

The girl was beautiful. She sort of resembled Miya, but the hair color was a big difference. Miya  originally had blonde hair, but dyed it when she went into seventh grade. The girl had short blonde hair and her blue eyes sparkled in the photo. She was at the beach and she was waving at the camera.

Her dad sighed.

"Your mom was very beautiful. I wish that you could get to meet her. But, she died before you could." he turned off his phone and went back to reading the newspaper.

"Come to think of it, you never showed me a picture of Mom..." she trailed off.

"How about this: I'll show you a picture of her after you come back from your coffee date with Collin." he hinted, which made Miya blush lightly.

"Collin's has the main guy role in Love In The Waves. We just need to discuss some stuff about the new movie." Miya told him as she finished her plate.

"Okay, okay. You and Collin aren't in a relationship. After today, the world won't think of you as buds." her dad pointed out.

"I get that, Dad. But, I am ready to handle the press." Miya told him simply before getting up from her chair and walking out the door.

Her dad sighed.

"She's so grown-up already..." he trailed off.

                                                                                     ~

She closed the apartment door behind her and headed down the stairs from the fourth floor to the first floor.

She walked out and saw Collin standing by his black BMW.

She waved.

"Hey, Collin." she greeted.

"Hey." he greeted back as she approached him.