Chapter One

Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.

Time and age had determined this.

What was once a whole, now split.

All was done with blood and weapons, nothing was how it should be.

Even the definition of peace had been altered to fit the situation.

There was no beginning or end to what was a star or what was a battle ship.

A young queen, or recent queen, show this shift in the dark sky above.

With her arms outstretched on the railing and her head tilted up to the sky, she exhaled, sadly. The galaxy was dying, war was taking all the Republic had worked so ever hard for. With the swirling wind bending around the long strands of dark brown hair, she felt a chill dash up her spine.

"Padmé," Her thoughts are interrupted by the voice of an old friend.

"Oh, Senator Organa, forgive me, you started me," She replied, swivelling in place.

"Ah, thinking, weren't you?"

Her eyes lowered to the dripping creek below.

"You can't solve all the problems in the galaxy, Padmé," He exhaled softly, and walked to the young woman.

"What is this world coming to, senator?" She turned, facing him. Her light voice swirled through the air.

"I don't know. But no one really does know," He shook his head.

There was silence as they both stared out at the beautiful, night time hills of Naboo.

Turning from the scenery, he broke the sudden silence.

"It is much too cold out here for you milday, come, it is about to start,"

"Okay," She lightly replied, then pulled her gaze from the moons.

* * *

As the warm indoor air settled on her pink cheeks, Padmé stood, alone, at the throne. Her hands nearly shaking as she held her crown out in front of her chest.

There was a slight breeze as the massive gold doors opened, revealing a group. Leading was the newly appointed queen, Jamillia. No matter what people said, she was definitely older than Padmé, or so Padmé had decided.

As Jamillia climbed the gold plated stairs, Padmé felt the weight of her people on her shoulders. Padmé had been released from her royal duties days ago and Jamilla was already announced queen. But the ceremony was tradition, it was a change from all the new devastation. Jamilla tilted her head forward, Padmé almost had to stand on her toes to reach the woman's head. At the switching of the crown trumpets sounded. Formally announcing the new queen of Naboo. Padmé stepped back, allowing Queen Jamilla to stand in her place. As the queen lifted her hands in celebration the throne room cheered. Padmé, who wasn't hostile toward the new queen in the least, stood quiet, the professional option to take.

As the queen started to walk down the aisle, Padmé quickly followed, her long violet dress dragging behind. At the closing of the doors the queen walked to her new throne. As she sat her attention turned to Padmé.

"Padmé," Queen Jamilla ordered,

"A word?"

Padmé quickly walked over to the large throne. At the foot of the chair, she knelt down.

"Yes your highness," Padmé answered.

"What are your plans my child?" The queen asked, giving the young girl a smile.

"With all do respect, I have planned to go back to my schooling, with nothing to be done in the Senate- "

"Padmé," The queen interrupted.

"Your grace?"

"I have admired you for years now. Your abilities to run this planet were honest and peaceful. Certainly something I could learn from you. There is a spot here in the Senate for you, if you'll take it,"

"I'm afraid I don't understand," Padmé replied,

"The spot for Senator of Naboo needs to be given to someone responable and who cares as much for the planet as is possible, I believe that person, is you," Queen Jamilla spoke softly.

Padmé felt her lips part, this wasn't what she expected to happen. She knew how high of an honor it was to get appointed by the queen herself. Padmé inhaled and exhaled slowly, with a slight bow of her head she answered.

"It would be an honor to serve as the people's senator, your highness,"

A smile spread across Queen Jamilla's whitened face. She slowly stood and bowed to Padmé.

"I appoint thee to Senator Amidala of Naboo," The queen spoke and watched Padmé rise to her feet.

Padmé took a deep curtsy and slowly turned.

This changes everything, she thought.

* * *

"Padmé!" Bail shouted, as he entered the senator's apartment on Coruscant.

She looked up from her unpacking, a smile tugging at her lips.

"I head the news, huh, a senator, you're nearly twenty-one," He continued,

"When is your first meeting?"

"Tomorrow," Padmé smoothly replied.

"Tomorrow?" He choked.

"Yes," She answered, slightly tilting her head.

"You haven't had any practice yet,"

"It won't be my first time addressing the senate," She exhaled.

"It will be your first as a senator. There is a large difference from being royalty to being a senator," Bail instructed.

"Then I'll find that out tomorrow,"

"Now, I you'll excuse me I have to finished this unpacking, then attend the queen," Padmé said, lifting a large dress from the suitcase.

"Padmé, listen to me," Bail took her small hands in his.

"I don't want them to chew you up and spit you out,"

"Who will do that?" She asked, taking her hands and crossing her arms.

"All of them could if they wanted," He replied,

"Well, I'm just going to have to grow up and face it. It's just the senate, it's not the Separatists fleet, the Republic wants peace, as do I," She spoke sternly.

"Well, it does sound as though you are ready to take on the galaxy, so I think one meeting won't do you any harm," He huffed.

Padmé smiled up from her unpacking.

"I don't know how you do it milady, but no one can say no to you," Bail shook his head and turned to leave.

Padmé smiled wide, and stood up.

"Practice," She called from across the room.

Bail turned and shook his head, leaving her to her unpacking.

Star Wars: AmidalaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara