Chapter Five: Emotionally Challenged

Fear consumes me as I stand next to Ally, Kendra, and Jade backstage of what is my biggest audition ever.

"I don't know guys, Simon Cowell is out there" I say, turning to Jade.

"It's okay. You're gonna be great. Breathe" She coaches and I inhale sharply.

"Go ahead, Ellie" The stage manager says and I take a deep breath to prepare myself before walking out. Can your heart explode from beating like this?

"Hi, what's your name?" Mel says and I will myself to stop shaking.

"My name is Ellie. How are you today?"

"Good, thank you. So, Ellie. What will you be doing for us today?"

"Well, I'm going to be singing. And I'm going to do The Fault In Our Stars by: Troye Sivan. I recently became best friends with him and he's just amazing. He couldn't be here today, so I wanted to have like a little something for him to watch back home"

"That's so sweet, Ellie" Heidi says.

"Whenever you're ready" Howie says and I take a deep breath before the music starts.

"The weight
of a simple human emotion
weighs me down
more than the tank ever did

The pain
it's determined and demanding
to ache, but I'm okay . . .

And I don't want to let this go
I don't want to lose control
I just want to see the stars with you

And I don't wanna say goodbye
someone tell me why
I just want to see the stars with you

You lost, a part of your existence
in the war, against yourself
oh, the lights,
they light up in lights of sadness
telling you, it's time to go

And I don't want to let this go
I don't want to lose control
I just want to see the stars with you

And I don't wanna say goodbye
someone tell me why
I just want to see the stars with you

Don't give it up just yet stay grand
for one more minute, don't give it up
just yet stay grand

Don't give it up just yet stay grand
for one more minute, don't give it up
just yet stay grand

Don't give it up just yet stay grand
for one more minute, don't give it up
just yet stay grand

And I don't want to let this go
I don't want to lose control
I just want to see the stars with you

And I don't wanna say goodbye
someone tell me why
I just want to see the stars with you

With you"

I'm crying by the end of it, and I bring my hands to my face.

"That was amazing, Ellie. Thank you" Heidi says and I nod, inaudiably thanking her.

"Hold on, hold on" Nick Cannon says, walking onstage. "Before you guys make any decisions, we have a suprise for Ellie" I look around curiously, still crying, and see nothing.

I look at Nick, and then the crowd goes crazy. What the hell?

"Hi, Ellie" I hear Troye's voice magnified by a mic and spin around.

"Troye!" I yell, running to him and flinging myself into his arms. "You made it!" I sob onto his chest.

"C'mon, Ellie. I would never miss this" He says, for the first time hugging me back. "You did great. You were amazing" Troye says before kissing my head and taking my hand, I move into his side and smile at the judges through my tears. My head rests on Troye's chest immediately after he lifts me up.

"Aren't you two just like...#friendshipgoals! You're adorable" Heidi says and I say thank her moving the mic to my lips.

"Alright, let's get to voting" Simon says and Troye laughs as my breathing and heart rate obviously give away my fangirl state.

"You weren't like this when you found out I was SME" He whispers, laughing.

"He's God, Troye. He made my life. Oh my God thank you for holding me" I whisper back and Troye laughs.

"I say yes" Mel says and I smile, biting on my lip.

"It's a yes from me, too" Heidi says and I tense.

Simon, please.

"Well, Ellie. I-I like what you did there. But-" I'm scared. Troye shushes me. "Who am I kidding? I'm just messing with you. It's a yes!"

Troye drops me at my sudden burst of excitement and screaming, but I could care less.

"Thank you, thank you so much" I cry.

"No problem, Ellie. We'll see you next week" I smile, taking Troye's hand and walking backstage, where I throw myself into the girl's arms, where I scream and sob with them.

"Yay, Ellie!" Kendra screams.

"I'm so proud of you!" Ally yells.

"Troye Sivan!" Jade wails.

"Hiiii" Troye waves with a laugh.

I pull apart from the group hug with a sigh and sniffle.

I turn back around and hug Troye tightly.

"Thanks for coming" I say, resting my head on his stomach. Curse me for being short.

I look up at him and he looks down at me smiling.

"I wouldn't miss this and you know it. You did great, Ellie. And guess what? Guess what, El?"

"What, Troye?"

"C'mon guess"

I roll my eyes "Troyler is real. I don't know"

"That we'll discuss later. But, no. All the Mellet family is staying with a relative in New York. I'll be here with you until the end of this. And. I have a suprise. C'mere" Troye drags me around the bend to the lounge.

"HAPPY TOUR!" The Mellet family yells.

"What?" I ask, clutching Troye's hands.

"As soon as this ends, you'll be joining me on my unannounced Blue Neighbourhood tour. Congrats. I think you're really great. You deserve this"

I turn around and jump into his arms, luckily he catches me.

"Thank you!" I sob and Troye whimpers.

"Awwwwww don't you cry"

"They're happy tears!" I yell and Troye smiles, pulling me into his chest.

"Well I'm glad you're happy, Ellie. I'm very happy, Ellie. You get to join me on tour, and it'll be great"

"Thank you, Troye" I smile.

"No, thank you, Ellie. For coming into my life and making it great"