9- What's Going On?

"We hung out for exactly twenty-two minutes yesterday. He said 'it's been twenty minutes' and then I said 'you should call Guinness' and then we talked, we laughed, but two minutes after that, it started raining. He offered that we go somewhere to eat, I said no. I had to get home anyway," I explain to Marina the next morning.

"Sounds like it was fun," Marina tells me. "I'm kind of disappointed that it didn't last as long as it should have. Are you going to have a redo?"

I just shrug at her. "I don't know. When it started raining, I just kind of took off so we didn't talk about that. I mean, I think that we had a good twenty minutes so yeah... I just don't know."

"Well, I'm wishing you the best of luck," She assures me as the producer is calling a group meeting. The room falls silent as Brit explains to us that the extras probably won't be needed very much today but we'll need to stay on campus just in case something comes up. They're a little bit behind schedule so they're going to order lunch and dinner for us instead of giving us a lunch break, which is fine by me.

"I think that I'm going to need a lot of luck to get through the rest of this movie," I mumble once Brit is leaving again to go get the scene ready for shooting. Since they're a little behind schedule, she looks pretty flustered.

"You should go find Hudson. He isn't filming right now so he should probably be in his dressing room or something," Marina suggests lightly. I don't know why she's all of the suddenly so ecstatic for me to be friends with Hudson Gray but it's weird because she always kind of seemed like the type that just didn't really like these celebrity-types.

"What's with the change in heart?" I ask her with raised eyebrows.

"No change of heart," She assures me. "I just think that being friends or whatever with Hudson makes you happy. I can tell because whenever I start talking about him, you smile. I haven't changed my mind or anything on how I view celebrities, I just think that you should do what makes you happy is all."

"He doesn't make me happy," I argue. "He just is easier to talk to than I had originally expected."

"Well, I'm all for living in the moment and this is the perfect opportunity for you to do that. So go talk to him because really, what's it going to hurt?" She reminds me with raised eyebrows.

She's right. I know that she's right but I still can't say that I'm a fan of the idea of me walking around to go find him. I sent him the last note, I arranged for us to hang out yesterday. It's his move and I worry that if I go find him now that I'll seem too forward.

"You're not moving," Marina tells me slowly.

"Yeah, I just think that it's his move, you know? If he wants to talk to me then he will," I explain to me but when I say it out loud, I realize how petty that sounds. With a long sigh, I roll my eyes at myself. "This is ridiculous."

"It is ridiculous," She agrees with me.

"I'm just going to go talk to him," I decide out loud, standing up from the couch before I can talk myself out of this terrible idea.
"I'm just going to go to his dressing room and see what's going on."

"Go get 'em, tiger," Marina grins but I'm already walking away to leave the lounge and to get to Hudson's dressing room. I don't go into the bathroom first to check my hair because that's ridiculous. Everything about this is ridiculous and petty.

Once I get to the hallway with the dressing rooms, I pass Dalton's, Zachary's, and then there's Hudson's. I hear voices inside though, so I don't walk in, I just stand by the wall and try to listen to the voices because I'm curious and it's not eavesdropping if I tell myself that I'm not standing here just to listen to Hudson's conversation. I just have to tie my shoe. However when I look down at my shoes, I suddenly remember that I'm wearing laceless boots. Okay, so I'm eavesdropping but he left the door open so this must not be a really private conversation.