28- That Is A Problem

I wake up the next morning naked and beside Hudson in his hotel room. The hotel bed is incredibly comfortable which is expected considering how expensive this hotel is but it felt like sleeping on a cloud. With Hudson still asleep beside me, I get out of the bed and put on my panties and his white dress shirt so that I can find my phone and call home so that they know that I'm alright.

My suitcase was expectedly gone when we got back last night but Hudson called down to the front desk and had them bring it back up so it's now sitting on the couch in the front of this large hotel suite so after I take a shower, I'll have some clothes to wear. I'm not sure how long Hudson is going to sleep though so the first thing that I do is brush my teeth just in case.

After grabbing my phone from my small bag, I find my mom's number in the contacts and go into the living room area so that I can call her without waking Hudson up from his slumber.

"Hello?" My mom answers the phone as I'm plopping down on the luxurious tan couch.

"Hey, Mom," I greet her softly.

"Oh, Iris!" She coos excitedly. "It's so good to hear from you. We've been worried sick. How did things go yesterday?"

"It went well," I confirm with a nod. "I found Hudson, we made up. Everything's fine. I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay though. He's going to be here for a while for some work stuff and I don't have any work waiting for me at home for a few weeks so I might stay for a while."

"Alright. Well, that's fine but maybe you'll reconsider when I tell you that Kurt has a release date," She tells me, talking slowly so that I can't detect her attitude toward this little bit of news.

"Really?" I wonder with a small grin. If they gave him a release date, that means that it's probably soon which is really amazing. "When is it?"

"Friday," She tells me. "It's kind of last minute but he's been doing really well lately so they want him home as soon as possible.

It's Sunday now so there's about a week left before Friday comes but I should still be there when he gets home. I mean, that still gives me a few days with Hudson so that's good but I'm not really thinking of anything other than my brother being able to come home. It's been so long since he's been home that I just feel overwhelmingly excited for him. "Wow," Is all that I can think to say.

"I know, we're all very excited," She says in return. "Do you still think that you'll want to stay there with Hudson for a few weeks? Kurt will understand if you're not here, you know."

"I know," I confirm because he really would understand if I wasn't at home when he got there because he does strongly support my relationship with Hudson. "So, uh, how's Dad doing? Does he still hate me?"

"He never hated you, Iris," My mom sighs. "He was just shocked when you told us that you... you know. We both were. I think that he's coping but it'll take him a little while to really understand."

"I feel bad that it came out like that," I admit to her. "I wish that I could have done it slower, you know? Really sat you down and prepared you but the situation wasn't ideal and I was just running on adrenaline. So I am sorry about that. But if it makes you or Dad feel better, I was never a prostitute. I feel like he's jumping to that conclusion but I never did that."

"That is very good to know," She mumbles with a small laugh that holds no humor. "We can talk about all of that when you get home. We both have a lot of questions for you but I think that it should be in person. And that'll give your father time to just adjust."

"Sure, that's fine," I swallow the dread that I feel when she says that they have questions that they want to ask me in person because that doesn't sound pleasant at all. I'm about to say something else when I hear a rustling coming from the bedroom and then there's the sink running so Hudson is definitely awake. "I'm going to get off of here, Mom, but I'll call you later and let you know when I'm coming home."