Chapter 12

Briar's pov
The next day, I wake up and feel sore. Then I remember what happened yesterday and I feel afraid to go to school. I have to anyway because my parents know when I'm lying. Oh well, I guess I have to get up.
At school
As soon as I step into the building, I see Lexi. She doesn't see me so I walk in the other direction. I walk around a corner and see Myles and Mason. I hide behind a wall and listen to what they're saying.
"I left the popular group." Mason says.
"Why?" Myles asks.
"Lexi is so mean. Her, Emma, Janice and Chloe are the only ones left. However they're not exactly popular as no one likes them." Mason says.
"Really?" Myles asks.
"Yeah. Can I hang out with you?" Mason asks.
"Sure bro." Myles says.
Is he crazy? Me and Mason hate each other!
"Briar will be here soon, let's go and tell her the news." Myles says and I run off as I hear them walking.
I can't believe that Myles let Mason hang out with us. I pretend to walk through the main entrance again and Myles sees me.
"Briar!" He says and walks over to me with Mason.
"Hey." I say and smile.
"I just wanted to let you know that Mason is going to hang out with us from now on." Myles says.
"Oh, ok." I say.
They both smile at me. They start talking to each other and completely ignore the fact that I'm there. Myles always asks how I am. Especially since what happened yesterday.
"I'm going to go to the bathroom." I say but they don't care because they're too engrossed in conversation.
"Ok then." I say and walk away.
I don't go to the bathroom, I walk up the corridor instead. I can't believe that he is ignoring me for Mason. Mason! It just frustrates me so much. Then Lexi walks towards me.
"Where's lover boy?" She asks.
I just walk away. For once she looks confused. Then the bell rings and I go to first class. I save the seat next to me for Myles but when he walks in, he sits next to Mason. He doesn't even look at me. Why does Mason have to spoil our relationship?
Break time
Myles and Mason walk out of the class and I assume that they are waiting for me because we're hanging out together now. But when I get out of the class room, they're halfway up the corridor walking away together. Great, now I'm going to be a loner. I walk away and soon we meet again.
"Hey My-" I get cut off because they walk past me and keep talking.
I feel a tear drip down my face but I wipe it away. They're making me feel invisible. Mason ruined everything.
Next lesson
Now I have history. I save the seat next to me for Myles and when he walks in,I wave at him and point at the seat next to me. He doesn't look at me, instead, he looks for Mason and sits next to him. He always sits next to me. Why is he ignoring me? Just because Mason started hanging out with us, he starts paying all his attention to him. I know that they used to be best friends. Then me and Myles were best friends, then we became boyfriend and girlfriend. Now we seem like strangers.
Lunch time
Myles and Mason walk out of class together without me again. I walk out but someone touches my shoulder. I turn around and see Lexi. I try and walk away but she grabs my arm and pulls me to the other side of the corridor.
"Please don't hurt me." I say.
"That's not what I'm doing. Why are you hanging out alone?" She asks.
I look at Myles and Mason and then Lexi does.
"Myles is ditching you for him?" She asks.
"Yeah. He is completely ignoring me. He's just giving Mason all the attention and he won't even say hi to me in the corridors or sit next to me!" I say.
Her eyes widen.
"I thought he loves you." She says.
"He's acting like I'm a stranger." I say.
"Sorry Briar." She says and walks away.
Why was she being nice? Today is so weird.