Chapter 27

Briar's pov
Prom is in a few hours and I'm upstairs in my bedroom getting ready. I change on my dress (picture above), do my hair and put on my makeup. This is one of the first times that I feel good about myself.
Soon enough I hear a knock on the door and I rush downstairs to open it. I see Myles standing there with a bouquet of flowers.
"Aww Mylo you're so sweet!" I say and hug him.
"Anything for you Bri. You look beautiful by the way." He says and kisses my cheek.
I giggle and kiss his cheek.
"Shall we go?" He asks and holds out his hand.
"We shall." I say and take his hand.
Soon enough we arrive at the school prom and he goes to get me a juice. I sit down and wait for him when guess who turns up? Abi and Lexi. I keep my head down.
"How was hospital Briar?" Lexi asks.
"I don't even know why you're here, you're so ugly." Abi says.
"Why don't you just go die in a hole." Lexi says.
"That would be great. I wouldn't have to see your ugly face anymore." Abi says.
I don't dare lift my head up.
"And what is that dress? Like ew." Lexi says.
"Hey you two! Get lost!" Someone shouts.
I look up and see Myles walking towards us.
"Let's go. See you later loser." Abi says.
Myles sits next to me.
"You ok?" He asks softly.
I don't reply.
"What did they say?" He asks and puts his arm on my shoulder.
"That I should die." I say.
"Bri I'm so sorry." He says.
"It's not your fault." I say.
"Come here." He says and pulls me into a tight hug.
When we pull away he takes my hand and asks me to dance. Of course I say yes and we go to the dance floor. All the other couples are slow dancing and we join in. I rest my head on his shoulder.
"It's going to be ok Lil' B." He whispers in my ear.
He's never called me that before but I don't mind. I just want to enjoy the moment.
Soon enough they call everyone to the front where they announce prom king and queen.
"Our prom king and queen are.................Myles Erlick and Briar Nolet!" The teacher says.
Me and Myles run up to the stage and collect our crowns.
"I love you." He whispers in my ear.
"I love you too." I say back.
Best night ever.