Chapter Twenty-Four - Shut Up And Kiss Me

~~~~

Dedicated to EmKatH for the amazing banner to the side; thank you so much for spending the time to make it; I love it so much. It’s amazing.

I'd also just like to pay my respects to one of my favourite actors, who was found dead in his hotel room yesterday.
Cory Monteith was an amazing, beautiful man with a lot of talent, and he will be forever missed by his family, friends, and fans. My heart goes out to the people who love him.
Though he may be gone, he will always live on in the hearts of those who love him. Now Heaven has another angel.

Cory Allan Michael Monteith: 11-05-82 ~ 13-07-13

Please play song to the side when instructed. If you can’t, I will leave a link in the comments so that you can access the song.

~~~~

~Chapter Twenty-Four - Shut Up And Kiss Me~

~          *          ~

When I spotted him, he was sitting down gazing at the sunset, which was painting the sky lilac and orange. I swallowed nervously and made my way towards him.

About seven months ago Matt had showed me this place. It was on the outskirts of town, kind of a cross between a meadow and field. It had tall grass and sat on a ledge that overlooked the town. It was always warm and sunny and beautiful up here, with the sound of birds and the smell of fresh air.

Matt was so caught up in his own thoughts that he didn't even notice me come up behind him.

"Do you remember that night when we sat on top of your car and you asked me how you would tell Mystery Girl you liked her?" I asked without preamble, my voice slicing through the silence.

He jumped and spun around, staring up at me with wide eyes.

"What?" he asked, obviously too stunned to form a coherent sentence.

"I said, do you remember that night when we sat on top of your car and you asked me how you would tell Mystery Girl you liked her?" I repeated. In hindsight I realised all this time Mystery Girl was me, and that's why he could never tell me.

"Grace? What are you doing here?" he asked, scrambling onto his feet and staring at me.

"Answer the question."

He ran a hand through his hair and nodded. "Yeah."

"Do you remember my answer?" I continued.

"You said that you should prove how much you love them by telling them in a way that means something to them," he answered. "Grace, why are you doing this?"

"This is me telling you how much I love you," I told him, pulling the acoustic guitar I had hidden from behind my back and beginning to strum on it.

He didn't say anything - he never interrupted me while I was playing - just watched me as I started playing chords and singing.

***PLEASE PLAY VIDEO TO THE SIDE***

When I was done, I put the guitar down and looked up at him. He reached out, took the guitar from my hand, and laid it gently beside us.

In a way, the song narrated how I was feeling. It was a cold wintry  December night, and if I could go back, I would change everything. I would change myself, my reaction, and I would’ve told him to stay.

I went to say as much, but he shook his head. "Shut up and kiss me," he murmured, cupping my face with both hands and leaning forward to press his lips to mine.

It wasn't like our first kiss the other night. I didn't stand there like a deer caught in headlights. This time, I kissed him back like there was no tomorrow. I twined my arms around his neck, and he gripped my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Something about kissing Matt just felt so... so right. He smelt warm and masculine and strong. His lips were tender but urgent. The kiss soon deepened and turned more passionate, and I could feel how much he loved me as our lips moved in perfect synchronization against each other. I breathed in his scent, tasted him, felt him, and it was like the sun breaking over the horizon. Like a blind man seeing for the first time.

Just then I felt something cold and wet hit my skin, and Matt and I pulled back to stare at the sky. It was a beautiful lavender color, but tiny, intricate snowflakes fell from the sky, falling all around us.

A carefree, blissful laugh left my lips as I watched them fall around us.

I turned back to Matt, blushing as I noticed how intently he had been watching me.

"I love you," he whispered, moving closer to me.

"I love you, too," I whispered back, pressing my lips to his and savouring the taste.

I had no idea how this moment could have gotten any more perfect.

All I knew was that I was happy just to be where I was now.

And that was enough.

~        *        ~

I’m really sorry this chapter was so short, but there really was no other way to do this.

I think this chapter deserves a vote and comment from all of you, so please vote and comment for me and I will love you forever.

I can see from some of your comments that some people are extremely happy about what I’ve done, whereas some hate it. I’m sorry for those who don’t like it, but this was a random decision and I really like where it’s headed. So please be nice about it and remember that I do read your comments, and some of them can be quite hurtful. So please be mindful of that and be respectful. There are enough assholes on the Internet. Don't add to the stupidity.

We have about maybe 5-7 chapters left of the book I’m guessing, but don’t worry, there will be a sequel. It won’t be of Grace & Cole & Matt & Annie, but don’t worry; it will feature them. It will be based around certain couple’s kids. And it has a name and a storyline: The Jealousy Game. Please don’t stop reading PTBB  just because you don’t like the couple. I guarantee you will like the ending; at least I hope!

Question of the chapter: Are you interested in reading the sequel? The prologue will be posted at the same time as the epilogue of PTBB, so you can jump straight back over :D

         Plus, yesterday I GOT TICKETS TO THE TAYLOR SWIFT: RED TOUR IN DECEMBER!!! I AM SO EXCITED. I don’t care what you say: I’m a certified Swiftie for life and I am flipping out about going! I got really close seats, too. Whoop whoop.

         ALSO, can we please all take a moment to pray for the family and friends of Cory Monteith? He was an amazing, handsome, talented guy who left this Earth too early, and my heart goes out to his family.

         Sorry for the essay-long Author’s Note, if you got this far, then virtual cookies to all of you.

         Stay beautiful.

  xXx