Chapter 12

Toby's pov
When Spencer comes over to me she looks at me in the eyes and slaps me across the face. Hard. I've never seen her this mad and she has tears in her eyes "how could you?" She whispers to me and runs away everyone is staring at us and I run after her and I catch up to her but she gets in her car and drives away.

-

Spencer's pov (before she drives to school)
Before I get the chance to drive away from my house Alison comes out and tells me to wait and I do, I roll my window down "what do you want?" I tell her in a harsh voice.

She smirks and says "I can't believe you would hurt yourself like that I mean if I would have guessed who in our group would cut I would believe maybe Hanna would but not you." I couldn't believe that Alison was saying, how did she know? Did Toby tell her... He wouldn't do that... Would he?

"Wha-what are you talking about?" I say trying not to sound guilty but I failed miserably. She looks at me straight in the eye and gets her phone out and shows me a picture of me in the bathroom with my cuts and a razor in my hand cutting my legs. "How di-"

She cut me off mid sentence "Toby. I couldn't believe it when he told me, man Spence I didn't know how messed up you were.... Aw poor you." She has the biggest smirk on her face as she tells me all this but all that's going through my head is Toby why would he tell her? I thought he actually loved me and cared about me but then he goes out telling Alison about this? Why is all I could ask myself. I trusted him, I let him in. I've always had trouble letting people in but I let him in so easily. Before Alison could say anything else with her big mouth I drove away to school to slap Toby Cavanaugh across the face.

-

I get to school and see Toby just standing at his locker he looks up and makes contact with me at first he smiles but then he sees the expression on my face and he looks confused but I walk up to him and slap him across the face harder than I expected to and whisper to him so only he could hear "how could you?" A tear falling down my face in the process. People were staring and I didn't care I had been crying the whole way here and I run away. I hear him catching up, I get into my car and drive away.

-

I didn't really know where I was going but I wanted to get away fast somewhere far from rosewood. I hate it there it a horrible town filled with monsters that could destroy you, I needed to get as far away as I could.

-

Toby's pov
After Spencer drives away I get on to my motorcycle and try to find her. I drive for about 10 minutes just looking for her and then finally I find her car in the drive through of Starbucks. She drives out and I follow behind her so she doesn't see me. We drive for one hour....two....three and a half she just keeps on driving. I almost ran out of gas so I stopped by a gas station, I fill up the gas and try finding her again but I get stuck in traffic and I see an ambulance drive then three cops cars. I'm guessing there's an accident that's why there's traffic, I was stuck in traffic for maybe an hour and a half before I stop at a motel and get a room as I was laying down I call Spencer even though I know she's not gonna answer. Surprisingly she answers but on the other end it didn't sound like Spencer.

-

Spencer's pov
I keep on driving I'm not sure where I am but I think I've been driving for maybe two or three hours. I drank all my coffee but I needed more so I look for a coffee place but couldn't find one I look in the rear view mirror and see Toby. My Toby driving not so far behind me but then he turns into a gas station and I start driving faster so he find me again. I look around for a coffee place for about twenty more minutes before getting my phone out and opening my maps searching for coffee places nearby. As I was typing I look up but before I could stop I go full speed into another car everything happened so fast I could barely comprehend what was happening the next thing I know my car is rolling down a cliff, my car rolling multiple times. It stops rolling and I'm barely even awake I try to move but I can't and everything slowly begins to turn black.