the view

The early morning breeze, the 4am rush. The busy streets of San Francisco.

Zac was still sleeping so I decided to leave a note on the fridge. It was too early not to do anything, so I grabbed my keys and went out.

I didn't no where I was going so I just drove. I ended up stopping at the top of the hill, receiving a good view of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I got out of my car and took a seat on the log placed  near the edge of the hill. This view is great, the weather is another thing. I love the cold weather but during these times it's just way too much.

I lit a smoke, thinking it would warm me up. The chemicals did as I thought. My phones rings, it's Alex.

"Hey, you up?" Alexis stupidly asked.

"Obviously Alex..." I groaned.

"Where are you?" She whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I asked her, flicking the cigarette out of my hand.

"I'm getting some cereal from your apartment," Alexis informed me.

"Why are you-" I stopped knowing that It wouldn't do anything asking her about it, "The top hill near the Golden Gate Bridge,"

I told her and hung up the phone. It took her about 45 minutes to get here.

I looked over my shoulder and there stands Alex, "Hey!" She says.

"Hey Alex!" I answer looking at the two coffee cups she was holding.

"Coffee?" Alex offered.

"Is that even a question?" I confronted her.

Alex hopped over the log and spilled some of her coffee on me. "Hahaha oops sorry Lar!" She apologized.

" it's fine bro, just make sure you drink the rest." I laughed.

"We should go to the mall!" Alex suggested.

"Nothing opens this early Alex, but we could go later,"

"Oh yeah, I forgot it's only five in the morning,"

"How are you even up?" I questioned.

"What do you mean?"

"You had a 12 hour shift, I would be sleeping until tomorrow,"

"I knocked out as soon I hopped into bed, and besides I'm use to getting up early,"

"I hope Zac gets up in time for his shift today,"

"I hope so too because I do not want to cover his ass again,"

"I don't know why Johnny doesn't hire new people,"

"Trust issues,"

"Johnny has a lot of trust issues. Hey! Remember that girl  that tried steeling the money from his safe?"

"Oh my god! Jane?"

"Yeah Jane! She always was a little off though so I wasn't surprised," I admitted.

"And now it's just Johnny, Zac, and I," Alexis stated.