the mall

"I'm pretty sure my bank account is empty right now," I laughed almost tripping over myself.

"We didn't even go to Sephora yet," Alexis laughed, "Don't worry your back account could handle a little more,"

"You're right, there's always room for Sephora,"

We struggle to carry all the things we bought as we make our way to Sephora. The mall is way over packed today. But it's a mall so what do you expect.

"We're here!" We scream at the same time. We haven't been makeup shopping in months. It's about time we restock.

I stop Alexis at the door and look her straight in the eyes. "30 minutes tops,"

"Lauren, me and you both know that's not even enough time to look at highlighters," She made a good point.

"Fine an hour," I told her, "okay let's go!" I laughed.
Each time we went shopping for makeup we'd spend at least an hour swatching lipsticks.

"Lar! Look at these eyeshadows!" Alexis' voice squeaks.

"Bro we gotta get that," I was wowed.

"Which one?"

I looked at her with a blank look, "I don't know I want all of them ," I laughed, "just pick five metallics, I'm gonna go look at highlighters,"

I left her to gaze at all the mezmorizing eyeshadows while I look at all the blinding highlighters.

The highlighters were next to the foundations, so I grabbed a bottle or two. I'm running low anyways.

I called up Alexis to ask her about foundation.

"Hey you still looking at the highlighters?" Alexis answers the phone.

"Yeah but I'm grabbing some foundation, are you running low?" I asked her as my eyes scanned the rows of foundation for my skin tone.

"Oh yes please! I forgot about foundation for a second,"

"Hahaha, did you pick out any eyeshadows yet?"

I look up from the shelves of makeup for a split second and make eye contact with this guy. The eye contact continues as he walks past. I get a full look at his body and just as I look at his hands holding some girls hand I quickly speak back into the phone.

"Oh sorry!" I apologized for not answering the phone for a good 30 seconds, "Alexis?"  I remove my phone from my ear and see that she hung up.

"Lauren!" Someone screams from behind me, causing me to drop my phone into the Sephora makeup basket.

I turn around to see Alexis, "God you scared me,"

"I hung up cause you didn't answer me back," Alexis
states happily, "but whatever it's easy to get distracted in a makeup store,"

"Which ones did you get?" I asked referring to the eyeshadows.

"I don't know,  all of them!" Alexis wailed.

I took a look at her basket and that's a lot of eyeshadow containers. Filled with amazing colors.

"Oh my god," I'm shocked as I scatter around in her basket.

"I couldn't help myself," Alexis laughs, "did you find one?"

"No, but I did find five," I pull out the highlighters from under the foundation sticks.