- The end of it all -

Chapter one: The end of it all

"Beep beep beep"

mmm, what is that sound? I peeked open my left eye to see that stupid alarm clock. Since when did I own an alarm clark? I sigh and close my eye and go back to sleep. Just a few more minutes, please.

"Ana wake up, you'll be late for work!" a voice I don't want to hear, but obviously my mother has duties to forfill. She didn't have to keep banging on my door, bad enough there's a dent on the door from my last tantrum. Dumb boyfriend.

"Ana hurry up." oh my mother. Is she trying to wake up the whole neighborhood? I sighed. I flip out of bed and walked over to my mirror. Ew, It looks like I went through a damn tornado. I walked into my bathroom and slipped my clothes off. God, what time is it? I jump into the shower and turned on the water. Once the cold water hit my skin I immediately woke up. I like showering. I don't know why but I like feeling fresh. I mean everyone should love it because it's a natural thing to do.

*

I took at step out of the shower and the cold air crossed my body. I can feel the goose bumps kick in. A nice feeling.

I walked to my drawer and found clothes to wear. It was quiet. I liked it. You could hear bird chirping from outside. I love nature, I love a lot of things. I put my clothes on the bed debating if I should wear a gray half shoulder with jean shorts or a gray Jack Willis hoody with jeans. Hmm.. the jeans show my ass and I doubt Jacob would let me use it... Jeans it is then.

I slipped on my jeans and my sweater. It's so comfy. I grabbed my hand bag and ran downstairs for some breakfast. I reached the kitchen and stopped at the door frame. I breathed in from my nose but I didn't smell anything. That's unusual. I always smell bacon and eggs. I stepped into the kitchen to find no one there. Um.. what the hell?

I heard the door open behind me and turned my head to see my dad with a smirk on my face. "Hey sweaty." he said still with a smirk on his face. "Um, dad where's my breakfast?" I asked in confusion. Instead of an answer he pointed to the clock on the wall and my jaw dropped. "9:35!" I shouted. What the heck. I'm so going to get fired. An unemployed 18 year old with no job and living with her parents. How nice.

I ran out the door and into my car. I put the key in the ignition but I didn't hear the engine start. Confused as always I look up at the gas and it was on E. Great. Could my day get any worse? I opened the car door and ran.

I was 10 minutes late for work. Shit. I timed in and checked to see if my boss was here but there was no sign of him. "Yay." I squealed. I jumped over the counter and stoop my position. I'm a cashier and sometimes the one taking orders. It was quite a big coffee shop, so waitresses were necessary.

Two hours past but it seemed like a century. I heard the door open with a side of jingle bells. I didn't care to look up at the person, I was lazy to anyways. Sometime tapped my shoulder and I groaned mentally. "Hi, welcome to starbucks." I said boredly. "Well hello to you too sunshine." Wait.. I know that voice. I looked up and my eyes widened. "Gabby!" I shortcut over the counter and looked at her with a smile on her face. "That shall be me, in the flesh." she held her hands open for a hug. I squealed and squeezed her tight. "I though you were in Paris." I chuckled and let her go. I haven't seen my bestfriend since graduation. "I came back for my bestfriend birthday. I wouldn't miss it for the world." she chuckled and I gave her a confused face. My birthday coming up? I didn't even notice it was the 28th yet let alone March. "Oh yeah, my birthday. I forgot" I sighed. Now she's the one with the confused look on her face. "You forgot it was your birthday today didn't you." she said and I felt a smirk on my face. "I've been busy with Jacob to even notice." Gabby expression went from a smile to a frown. Huh. "What's wrong?" I said looking into her eyes. I waited for an answer but instead she held my hands. She was about to say something until I heard the door open to see someone I longed to appear infont of me. "Jacob?"