Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Photo of Reid on side ------>

I wake-up to shocking bright sunlight practically blinding me. When did the sun decide to make it's appearance? Especially this early into the year? Before I take my blanket and go underneath it, I look at the clock on my bedside table. It's only eight in the morning!

The darkness and warmth are nice. But now that I am awake I cannot seem to fall back into the wonderful spell of sleep. Instead I force myself out of bed. My bedroom is the only room in my new apartment that I have unpacked. Every other room is just a sea of boxes. It messes with my brain a bit.

After taking a quick shower I get dressed and put on light makeup. Once I am about to enter the kitchen to make breakfast, I hear my phone buzzing on my bed. When I look at my phone I see that I have over ten texts and three missed calls. All of them are from Meredith.

I don't even bother to read the text messages. Instead I instantly call Meredith. My mind is going crazy. What is the matter? Did something happen? Everything is just one big question mark. My thoughts are just circling in my brain.

"Meredith is everything okay? What's wrong?" I say without taking a breath.

"Slow down, Lorelei. Didn't you read my texts?"

Maybe I should have read the texts before making this phone call. "I was too scared. So, everything is okay then?"

"I think it is. I just need you to do me a big favor."

"Of course. Anything."

"I'm out of town right now with Hudson. I know this is a bit crazy, but could you drop by Jamison's apartment? It's downtown, not very far from your new place."

I don't say anything right away. Do I want to go see Jamison? Yesterday he saw my photo album. All I want to do is forget about it, but I can't. The memory is permanently engraved into my mind. How could I have been so stupid to ask Jamison to help me unpack? Because you want him to like you.

I force my eyes closed and then open them. "Why? Is he all right?"

"He didn't come back the house last night. I just think he might of had a bad night and I'd like you to check on him. I know it's a lot to ask, but you're my best friend and I trust you. Plus you and Jamison have been spending some time together, so you're not complete strangers."

He had a hard night last night. Hmm. My thoughts are even crazier now. What can this possibly mean? Is Jamison in some sort of trouble? I mean, I know Meredith and Jamison are close. She looks up to him since he is her big brother. He seems to be quite accomplished and he is very intelligent. What could be this issue? My curiosity is getting the better of me.

"I'll do it."