Chapter 5

Dan's POV
"But do you really want me to stop?" Arin asked when I shouted in shock for him to stop, his words sending a shiver down my spine.
I didn't answer because he made a good point. Maybe we could, in a way, resume from last time.
"I see how it is," Arin spoke softer now, and leaned in a bit.
    He kissed me! I was surprised that Arin would do that so suddenly, but that didn't stop me from returning the kiss. I feel Arin hold the back of my head, applying more pressure. He let go eventually, allowing us to breathe.
    Arin fell on top of me, now hugging me. I stroke his hair as he relaxed, and I noted the blonde highlight, trying to ignore it, being reminded of Suzy. His hair was rough, and needed to be brushed through. I was careful, making sure I didn't pull it.
    Arin, who had complete control, positioned us so we were laying down on the couch. He was about to take off my shirt when I realized that I couldn't do it. I don't exactly know why, but I just couldn't bring myself to this.
    "Arin, please stop," I beg, hoping he would listen.
    "What is it?" He asks, concerned at my sudden change of heart.
"I can't do this," I stated it as honestly as I could.
"Well, okay..." Arin seemed accepting of my decision.
"I'm sorry."
"No, Dan, don't be! You were honest, and I'm glad that you were!" He smiled, trying to get me to do the same.
    "I feel like I'm letting you down, though..." I sighed.
    "No, why would you be letting me down?" He asked while sitting us both upright on the couch.
"Sorry," I repeated, sighing.
"It's fine, really!" Arin insisted, giving me a warm hug, "You did nothing wrong, okay?"
"Okay," I smiled, glad to have resolved that so quickly.
    "Are we good now?" Arin asks, trying to see that I was alright.
    "Yeah, heheh, we're good," I clung onto Arin's shoulder after the hug was broken, not particularly wanting to let go.
    "Aww, you just gonna stay there?" Arin asked warmly, giggling slightly.
    "I think so," I close my eyes, leaning in a bit closer.
    "Stop it! Just- you're too adorable!" I blushed at his comment.
    "I can't help it," I shrugged.
    "Wanna put on a movie or something?" Arin requested.
"Sure," I didn't really care either way, as long as I could stay by Arin's side.
Arin got up to search for a movie, leaving me alone on the couch for a few minutes. I fell onto the couch when he moved, now laying down.
"How about..." Arin rummaged through the shelves, looking for something that caught his interest, "Ooh, Kirby!" He held the Wii game with a certain happiness and excitement that was tough to recreate.
"Weren't we supposed to be looking for a movie?" I recall.
"Yeah, but this is better!" Arin insisted, powering up the Wii.
"Hehe, okay," I smile at his excitement.
We played in silence for a while, occasionally talking about the game. This was great, being able to sit here, nice and relaxed, with Arin close by. I got back into my previous position, leaning against him comfortably. He looked down at me with a small chuckle, which caused him to fail the level.
"Dammit!" He shouted, making me jump slightly, "Sorry, did I scare you?" Arin realized my shock.
"No, I'm fine, really!" I smiled, laughing a bit at how quickly he went from anger to concern.
    "Hahah, alrighty," he agreed, laughing with me at his own worries.
We once again fell into a happy silence. It started to snow pretty hard outside, too. We paused our game to admire the snow, just like little children would.
All in all, definitely a fun night.
Suzy's POV
I sighed sadly, observing the emptiness of the house. I wasn't used to it, barely any noise, no snarky comments from Arin, no more loving smiles, no more of his humor, no more Arin. I felt truly lonely for the first time in a while.
What to do, I ponder, to distract myself? I could... Oh! I'll make a few videos for my main channel! That'll keep me occupied for a bit!
    A good few hours later, I finished filming. I was exhausted. I look to check the time... 7:30. Jeez, I should get some dinner. I make a simple sandwich pretty hurriedly; I might even be able to edit them all by tonight. I reminded myself not to rush, though.
    I didn't finish, but fell asleep relatively later than usual. When I finally settled in, wearing my pajamas, closing my eyes, I realized that I couldn't sleep. It was just... Strange, I guess, without Arin here and all.
    I lay there for a while, just me and my thoughts. I thought about calling someone, but who would be up at this time of night? I eventually managed to fall asleep, and even then I didn't get as much sleep as I should've.
    The next morning, I relaxed a bit, and ate breakfast, trying to enjoy the snow that fell last night. Then, to my surprise, I hear a knock at the door. I open it up to see the last person I wanted to see. It wasn't Arin, but Dan. I didn't want to be mad at him; he did nothing wrong.
    "Hey, Suz," Dan smiled, filled with cheer, "I'm just here to get Arin's stuff; he's going to the Grumpspace to prepare the recording equipment while I do his chores," he laughed good-heartedly.
    "Alright, come in," I motioned for him to step inside, hoping for him to go soon, but not out of hate.
    "Don't worry, I'll be out of your hair soon! But, anyways," Dan wandered inside, "You going to work today?" He laughed at my current outfit, my pajamas, "Arin said you don't have to today if you don't want..." Dan paused, "He really feels bad."
    "Tell him not to worry about me!" I smile, "I'm fine."
    "Cool! Uhm... Thanks for being so okay with all this, and I'm sorry about kinda, y'know... Stealing Arin away," he was so sincere.
    "It really is fine, but I'm gonna stay here today, okay?" I requested, hoping he would understand.
    "Okay!" Dan smiled, and rushed in to retrieve Arin's belongings.