Chapter 5

Katherine's POV:

"Excuse me your majesties but King Jack you have a phone call " a butler said "oh , okay , I'll be back in a moment " Jack said then kissed my lips softly .
"Katherine, Marie I'm going to check on mother " Luis said and kissed Marie .

"So Katherine, now that there both gone how's marriage treating you ?" "At first I hated it and now I can't get enough of it, " "I was like that too , I just hope Jack didn't throw your crown on the floor and break it like Luis did " "he did !" "Wait , Jack did that too ?" "Yeah " "wow , and then did he say make a deal go on a vacation ? You know to talk you out of a divorce?" "Exactly that !" "Strange , " "I have more hope now " "that good , I only hope that Jack isn't off taking phone calls and make deals while your together. And not talking to you about the country when's your bother rulers " "yeah " I said rubbing my arm . "And the love life ? Geez it will be horrible ! I mean after six months it gets bad . Either he's too tired or he wants nothing but that ! " "oh" "and the baby ? I wanted to wait a two years but he kinda forced me !" "Luis raped you !" "No ! He and I were in bed and we were about to . I asked him if there was protection he said yes the morning after he told me he took it off before we started . " "if you don't mind me asking why ?" "The pressures of needing an heir , and he thought a baby would give me something to do ." "Are you ready to be a mother ?" "I'm 22, he's 23 I don't think we're ready . We're so young I rather not " "are you scared ?" "Very much " "motherhood ? What about worrying you'll mess up the country?" "I do , often but Luis takes control and I deal with the public " "are you happy " "kinda . I love Luis but I sometimes wish I wasn't queen . I wish I was still a princess , not a fear in he world but what clothing I was wearing the next day " "yeah ." "But I'm sure things will be different between you and Jack " "yeah " "but just be careful, I'd hate to say I told you so "
"oh Marie ! My mother wants to see you " Luis said "oh okay dear" she smiled at me and patted my knee .

I was alone in the parlor . Jack left to take a phone call . Jack is going to do something despicable to try and get pregnant. Jack and I only have 5 months left then we'll be like Marie and Luis . Luis broke Marie's crown and Jack broke mine ! Luis and Jack both made a deal over a honeymoon . I don't want to be like them . I felt water begin to come from my eyes . Don't cry ! I told myself. You're a strong queen , Jack loves you . He would never lie to you . He would never breed an heir that way . He would never not include me in the country's plans .  I said to myself . I went down the hall to my room .

I entered and saw Jack on the balcony on the phone with an aggravated look on his face . I looked in the mirror to make sure I didn't look like I was crying . Thankful I didn't .
"No ! If new Russia falls back on their side of the treaty I will send a million troops over there ! " Jack shouted into the phone .
I looked at my wedding ring and twisted it so the diamond was showing . "Don't ! " I stopped and I looked at Jack . "Your an idiot ! No ! Andrew ! I'll . Don't even get me started ! You get to on your Phone and call their king ! I swear to god if they . Don't make me ! You know what , stop ! I'll do it myself ! I'll be there tomorrow morning " Jack said into the phone then hanging up .

Tomorrow morning?

"Katherine," "what's wrong ?" I asked fear on my face . "There's a problem with the treaty . New Russia found a loop hole and if I don't go over there and talk their king out of it ... It means war " "so your leaving ?" I asked . "I have to . I don't want to but -" "I understand " "I know , thank you , but I have to I really rather be here with you " "me too " "but if I don't -" "I understand Jack " I said nodding . "Katherine thank you for understanding . I better go find Davey . I'm going to have him get some papers and stuff . I probably won't be at supper . I love you " he said to me and kissed my forehead. "Love you too" he nodded and went out the door .