CH 3: WAWDL

CH 3: WAWDL

    As I am walking down the hallway to my next class, I get so many strange looks. Some are jealous looks and other are looking at me like I am a piece of meat. I see three texts pop up from onto my phone. I literally just finished cleaning my hair from the yogurt during lunch.

      One is from Isabelle, and it reads, "OMG🙅how could you do that to me???!!!🙆😫." I reply, "Isabelle, I am sick of your crap. Sorry, but you threw the yogurt first. I do not want to be friends with someone who does not want be seen in public with me.😘xoxoxo" I smile at my reply. She instantly replies back with, "😖I gave you one chance to apologize. This is war 😡. And Lucas is mine. You should have never told me that you liked him. Thanks for the information, Z." UGH. Crap, I am totally dead.

     I look at my other texts. One is from Aiden. How does he know about this? It reads, "Hey, your friend,Jake told me about what happened at school. Straight after school come over." I instantly reply with, "Whatever, I'm going to come home sooner,"

     I realize that I am in the hallway alone and everyone else has disappeared to class. Oops. "Zoe? Are you okay? Where are your crutches?" A voice says faintly behind me. Not again. "I am fine, Lucas, and, frankly, none of your concern. Plus, won't your talking to me just upset Isabelle?" I say. He takes a minute to think before replying, "Yeah, but she can grow up. Yogurt, really? And I will ask again, where are your crutches?" I look away. "Seriously, Zoe! You could have made your leg worse. God I feel like such a idiot for bumping into you." He says, beginning to ramble. "Lucas, it was an honest mistake. Things happen. Maybe if I had not fell on my own leg so bad, I would be fine." I say, continuing to look away. I feel his arm slip underneath mine and steady me. "You are getting those crutches whether you like them or not." He says. "Can I not just go home?" I state more than ask. "Sure, if I drive you-- you could make your leg worse." I sigh. "Fine. But we're going to my friend, Aiden's, house." I say. "Boyfriend?" He asks. "Nope. He has a girlfriend I think." I say smiling.

     I actually do not know if he has a girlfriend. We usually do not talk about things like relationships. It's just a pact we have made. But then again, I do complain about Lucas to him a lot and he does not seem to mind. I find myself still curious about how he knew Jake.

    "Zoe-- come on." He says, tugging my arm. I mouth 'sorry'. When we are halfway there to Aiden's house, Lucas' phone starts going nuts. I peek at it and see 12 unread messages from Isabelle and one from Madsen. "Can I look?" I ask. He kind of shrugs as if he does not care on the slightest. I pick it up and it unlocks without me needing to put in a passcode. "Like me to read them out loud?" I ask. He shakes his head.
They read;
Isannoying: --
Wait, her contact in his phone is Isannoying? I continue reading them.

Isannoying: 👫Bae where r u?
Isannoying: 💅You're not with Ms. Ugly r u?
Isannoying: OMG
Isannoying: U TOTALLY R 💥😡
Isannoying: I trusted u😭😭😭
Isannoying: what
Isannoying: in
Isannoying: the
Isannoying: world
Isannoying: I NEED U. 😢
Madsen: You'll be back 4 practice, right?

    I turn off the phone. "Okay, well, I will say that it is safe to say that Isabelle is very mad." I say. "She will get over it. She's head over heels in love with me. I am not in love with her, just so you know. I just think she's cool." He says, justifying himself. Why on earth did he feel the need to say that he did not love her? I look away from him the entire ride, until another text comes through. He immediately grabs the phone, not letting me see the text. What? "Well, this is it, right?" He says pointing at Aiden's house. I nod, "What was the text, Lucas?" I ask, nicely. "Not important. Bye Zoe." He says.

    I get out of the car and go up to Aiden's porch, and then Lucas' car drives away. I ring the doorbell and Aiden immediately appears in front of me, wearing skinny jeans and a plaid shirt. He looks really good. "Hey, Zoey. Come in, I have prepared some much hot chocolate and Nutella and set up Netflix." This is why he is my best friend. Before going in, I give him a quick hug. "Thank you, Aiden." I say. He looks down. "I have to tell you something..."