CH 5: WAWDL

CH 5: WAWDL

    I wake up in the morning, fresh and ready to actually attend my classes today. I text and ask Aiden if he is picking me up this morning. He replies back with, "YES! And I need all the details on Lucas!" Well, he is excited. I reply back with a smiley face.

      When Aiden arrives, he won't let me into the car until I tell him what happened. "Aiden, honestly, it was not a big deal. All that happened was he asked if I actually liked him and I denied it like you to me to, and then I accidentally called him Luke. And then he said good night to me. So nothing really." I finish. "It does not seem like nothing. Why else would be actually talk to you and ask?" Aiden says, and I will admit. He has a point. But I do not think his point is correct. "Okay, I am satisfied. Get in." He finally says after an awkward silence.

      We arrive early to school and Aiden hurries and drives off for some unknown reason. But once I turn around, I see the reason. There stands Lucas, leaning against a pole at the front of school. He is on his phone, texting rapidly, until he sees me. "Oh, hey Zoe. What are you doing here so early?" He says, still texting. "How do you know if I am here early? What if I get here at this exact time everyday?" I say, him still looking down at his phone. "Cause, I know for a fact you do not. You and Isabelle ride the same bus, right? Well, that is who I am texting and she says that she would like to apologize. Maybe you should give her a chance." He says. I burst out laughing. "Lucas, you do not understand." I say. He steps closer. "Oh, yeah, why not?" He says. "Because, you are not a girl. Simple as that." I reply. "And if you would excuse me, I need to get to my locker-" "I will come with you." He interrupts. "Oh- Okay then."

   "I actually have something I needed to ask you about. I have motives." He says laughing. "Go ahead, shoot." I say, really wanting to know what it is. "Well, Isabelle wants me to try out for the musical that the drama program is doing this fall, uh- Sound of Music?" He says. I really want the lead, Baronin Maria Von Trapp. "And?" I say, realizing that he did not finish. "Well, she said that she could not help me practice, due to the fact that she will be practicing day and night for the lead, so I was wondering if you could help me score the male lead, Captain Von Trapp?" He finishes. Is she serious? Does she seriously think that she will get the lead? Not against me. She may always get the solos in chorus because she is the teacher's pet, but the drama auditions are all fair here. There is no way she is going to get the lead, and if Lucas gets the male lead, we will be spending a lot of time together. "Sounds perfect. Come over tonight and I can help you out. You know where I leave. See you then." I say, then walk off, leaving him dumbfounded because he did not actually think I would say yes.