Chapter 3

We headed North, dodging the pieces of debris left over from the earlier war. Mika said it was the only way we could get to our "safe-spot," as he calls it. But on the way there, it'd be unsafe.

I tried not to seem intimidated by him. I never expected him to be a vampire, let alone alive and breathing. I didn't know what to feel. Happy? Afraid? Has he changed? Does he see me as the same person? Questions overflowed my mind until I was interrupted by Mika abruptly stopping. I glanced his way and realized he was watching me.

"I'm sorry, Yuu... I've done nothing but cause you grief since I saw you again."

I was taken aback slightly, but responded, furrowing my brows, "That's not true, Mika. I'm just...glad to see you again."

"You look disturbed... I myself know what a monster I have become. I'm sorry you have to go through seeing me this way."

"Stop it, Mika! You haven't changed at all. Always blaming yourself for things that aren't even your fault. We have to keep moving forward."

He fiddled with his thumbs anxiously.

"I really...missed you, Yuu," he mumbled and nuzzled my neck. "I really did."

My face began to heat up as he began to lick my neck. Everything about him suddenly changed. From a harmless puppy, he went to a dominant lion. Seductively, he smirked. "No one else did this to you, right?"

I diverted my eyes from his ravishing gaze. He made my knees weak.

"No," I murmured softly, before he brushed his lips across mine.

"Good," he smiled, continuing to kiss me, the succulent taste of his mouth resulting me into wanting more.

I ran my fingers through his wavy, mellow hair. My heart was jumping inside my chest. "Mika...Why are you doing this to me?"

"It's cute seeing you like this," he beamed, but refrained from going further. "We need to keep going."

I could feel my cheeks burn, turning red.

"Don't do that, idiot..."

He grinned and grabbed my hand. "Let's go, Yuu-chan."