Chapter 7: Cush Tank

Prince woke up to the main door slamming shut. He sat up and let out a noise as he felt a twinge in his back.

The last thing he remembered was Theresa showing his younger siblings some weird YouTubers. The guys name PewDiePlier or something weird like that. Anyway, he just felt so tired that he fell asleep in the couch in a weird angle.

While stretching, some of his bones popped and he jumped at the sound of Joe's loud voice.

"Boy, stop breakin' yo' bones like that! Sounding like a box of fire crackers on the Fourth of July," he exclaimed from his chair.

"Oh, sorry, Joe. I didn't know you were there," Prince replied in a soft voice.

"Damn near gave me a heart attack. I thought someone was shooting you kids up. Oh God, I wouldn't be able to afford if you all got killed. I would be out on the streets looking like Madea on a Friday night."

"I'm sorry," Prince tried again. Usually after apologizing, things were done and quiet.

"My God, you know what would happen if I had died from a heart attack? I would be dead before Madea, and end up losing that bet. If I wanted to give my money to an animal, I would donate to the wild animal reserves!"

Prince had to keep himself from rolling his eyes. This guy just kept going! "Where are the others?" he asked in a soft voice, despite how he felt at the moment.

"Others who?" Joe stopped his rambling to ask.

"Theresa, Paris, and Blanket?" Prince said as though it were obvious- which it was.

"Boy,if you callin' some demonic names, you best be out of here before I shout you the power of Jesus through my holy farts."

"Your what?—No, I'm taking about my brother and sister and the girl you've been taking care of!" Prince lost his cool for a minute.

"Oh, why didn't you say so? They upstairs in ya' room," Joe said calmly.

"Thank you," Prince said, sounding exhausted. Talking to Joe was like talking to a senile old man—or was that the same thing?

When Prince opened the door, he found everyone with a serious expression on his face and Theresa with a sympathetic one.

"Are you guys okay?" he asked. "Did something happen? Was dad kidnapped?" his voice escalated.

"No!" Theresa exclaimed, her eyes growing wide. "But it is something about your dad."

"You should sit down," Paris said in a soft voice. We have something to tell you."

"Tell me what?" her soft voice influenced his and made it just as soft.

-

"So he's not our dad," Prince breathed. It had been said multiple times throughout the conversation, but he needed to say it again to get it the information through his head.

His siblings and Theresa shook their heads solemnly.

"Then who the fuck is he?!" he suddenly burst out, angrily. It hurt him most because he had been with Michael longest- being the oldest. He was tired of this house and everything they had to go through for this guy who wasn't even his dad.

Paris and Blanket, almost instinctively, got up to hug their older brother. Prince had to fight the urge to push them away. He unintentionally glared at Theresa.

"Is there somewhere we can go?" he asked as he pushed his siblings softly away from him. They all looked at him questioningly. "I don't want to stay here. Please," he added. He felt like if he didn't leave he would break something.