Chapter 1

Ashley's P.O.V.

"One caramel macchiato." I said to the waitress at the small coffee shop. I took out my pencil and sketch book and began to look around for someone to draw. Every day I tried to draw at least one person in the coffee shop. Today a certain boy caught my eyes. His features looked gentle and his hazelnut brown hair shone softly in the light coming through the window. His white baggy sweater hung loosely on his shoulders hanging just low enough to see his prominent collar bones. He looked so small and fragile with his hair slightly ruffled and his glasses slipping down his dainty nose slightly. He looked up from his book and saw me. I tried to look away but his sweet smile made my cheeks flush pink. I looked away quickly and started to draw the small background details hoping he'd forget and not look at me. I went back to staring at his features when he wasn't looking and began to sketch them out. When my coffee arrived the waitress looked at my progress and smiled. She always loved to see which customer I'd be drawing.

"I knew you'd want to draw him the moment he came in here." She told me before she pat my shoulder softly and left.

I couldn't help but smile when I'd look at him. He was so adorable, slightly hunched over completely engulfed in his book which he appeared to be thoroughly enjoying. I wonder what his ethnicity is. He looks Korean. I bet he's Korean.. I should ask him. No, that would be weird. Maybe I will before I leave because what are the chances I'll ever see him again? I thought to myself.

Once I'd finished my rough sketch I began to darken the lines with the colored pencils I'd bought last week and make it look neat and perfect. I guess I'd been so concentrated on my drawing that I didn't even notice when he sat down in front of me.

I went to take a sip of my coffee and nearly choked on it when I finally noticed him sitting across the table and looking at me. I set the cup down and looked up slowly to meet his gaze. He was even more beautiful up close. I gulped as I looked into his eyes.

"You don't need to seem so nervous." His small laugh as he spoke made my heart skip a beat. His voice was smooth and sweet but also sexy and deep at the same time.

"I... um... I hope me drawing you doesn't weird you out." I managed to say, trying to not stutter from sudden shyness.

"Not at all. I'm rather flattered you chose to draw me." He smiled at me. Up close, I could see his dark eyes that held a hint of mysterious darkness that didn't quite match the sweet and innocent vibe he was putting off. I could feel my heart beating out of my chest as I looked at him. "What's your name?" He asked.

"My name is Ashley. What's your name?" I tried to keep my voice steady but the way he looked at me set me on edge slightly. As if my subconscious thought I should be scared of him but my heart saw nothing but his kind smile and mesmerizing features.

"What a beautiful name." He hesitated before continuing, "My name is Yoongi."

"I've never heard that name before. Where are you from?" I asked, glad that I could get this question out of my mind in a way that wasn't as weird as the way I'd planned previously.

"I'm from South Korea." Yoongi had his head tilted slightly as he spoke to me. Almost as if he was studying me.

"Oh really? That's cool. What made you come here?" I asked. His accent was so cute and interesting to listen to.

"Work I guess. I could have stayed in Korea but it seemed more fun to travel a bit. Now I'm rather successful here." As he spoke and got more comfortable with me, I noticed his small lisp that seemed to slowly appear.

"I'm from Chicago but decided to pursue my dream of being an artist and moved here about a year ago." I felt more and more comfortable speaking to him as the conversation went on. "I have a small request for you. I hope you don't find it weird or anything."