Chapter eleven

We were walking along the river and found a boat with zombies on it. We started killing the zombies and removed a tarp revealing a man.
"Oh wait no no I'm alive" he said
"Give us one reason not to shoot you" Vasquez said
"Because I can operate this boat" the man said. The boat didn't actually  seem that hard to operate. he did so and we started driving down the river. I saw two people on a canoe.
"Look it's sketchy and skeezy" doc said
"Keep going" Vasquez said and  took my gun pushing it against the back of vasquez's head.
"No, we stop" I hissed
"Fine" he said and we helped sketch and skeezy on.
"Thirteen!" Sketchy said and hugged me
"Hey sketchy!" I said hugging back and then I hugged skeezy.
"Guys this is sketchy and skeezy they found me when I was thirteen years old in New York and helped me out I owe my life to them."  I smiled we helped them bring on some of their luggage and talked about everything that's happened. The boat stopped abruptly.

"Zombie Jam!" The man driving the boat said and every leapt into the water and swam. 10k jumped and I started shooting zombies. There were too many.
I saw 10k left his sniper behind. I grabbed it and dove in swimming in the direction he went. I pulled my self onto Land and rung out my cloths. My bag was soaking wet too. I saw the others down stream and jogged over.
"Hey" I said as I caught my breath
"Hey thirteen, have you seen 10k?" Doc asked and I looked behind him at everyone...no not everyone...10k was missing.
"He's not here?" I asked and they shook their heads. Warren walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder.
"Well put in twenty four hours of looking for him then we have to take Murphy to California" Warren said
"I say good riddance" Murphy said and I turned to him, tears threatening to fall. It's been awhile since the last time I cried. Murphy sighed walking over to me.
"Either we'll find him or he'll find us" Murphy said hugging me
"Thank you" I said hugging him tightly
We pulled apart.
"I'm going to go look for him, I'll be back in about an hour maybe" I shrugged
"Thirteen...don't we'll search together I can't lose you too" doc said and I hugged him. We started looking for him.
"10k! Sketchy! Skeezy!" I called out.
No response
"Sketchy and skeezy? What do you want them for?" Vasquez asked
"They cared for me when no one else did, found me surrounded by Z's in New York" I shrugged as we walked, I had 10k's sniper on my back. We decided to sleep that night, an unsuccessful search party sat.
"I saw alight downstream" doc said I was on the floor laying down trying to sleep, I had 10k's sniper and was hugging  it.
They were arguing over if it was him or not.
"10k!" I called out in the direction doc was looking.
I felt a hand over my mouth.
"Mmmf" I said as they pulled me harshly back
"Are you trying to get us all killed?!" Vasquez snapped
"Get away from me! I'm trying to find him! I can't go on without him! Who even are you? Why are you here riding on our coat tails? We can't even trust you! You met up with the zeros for chtists sake! Come faciamo noi sapiamo noi lattina fiducia tu?!" (How do we know we can trust you) everyone stared at me.
"You can trust me" Vasquez said
"Dimi perche"(tell me why) I growled
"Because I've saved your ass before from those damn Z's" he hissed and I glared at him.
"I don't trust you and I don't need you to save me" I said in almost a whisper turning my back to him and among over to doc.
"I didn't know you spoke Spanish" doc said
"It's itailan, it translates into Spanish pretty well" I shrugged
"We'll find him" doc said putting his arm around my shoulders reassuringly. I sighed and walked back over to my bag and layed down hugging 10k's sniper to my chest. I finally fell asleep.
I woke up the next morning to Warren shaking me awake.
"Time to go" she said and we were walking along the river towards the bridge. I had a hard time sleeping, my dreams plagued by nightmares. we found a canoe.
"I'm going after him" doc said walking over to the canoe
"You can't-" Warren started
"We have a mission here, to get me to California remember every one of you is expendable" murphey said to doc
"Huh, atleast we all know where we stand" I said and walked over to doc.
"10k isn't expendable, neither is doc, I'm going to find 10k dead or alive even if it means not seeing you again" I said defiantly and got in the canoe with doc. We went Down to the bridge and didn't find him, we stood on the bridge. I sat on the bridge sadly. As the others went to get into the car I didn't move. Addy came over
"You have to come with us, we will drive through Mississippi a bit maybe we'll see him on a rode" she said
"I'll go, but I'm not leaving Mississippi "'I said and we walked to the car and a women ran at us and told us where 10k was. We drove there and saw him about to be hung. Doc shot the rope for 10k and I shot skeezy's and addy shot sketchy's I ran at 10k. He was in the ground. I grabbed his arm,
"We have to go!" I said and doc ran over and helped me then we all ran. We made it back to the truck with Z's behind us. We ran back to the truck sketchy and skeezy were in
"Come on" I said and extended my hand as did 10k.
"Thirteen you and renfiled go, we will be fine" sketchy said he threw me a pistol and some amo.
"Take care kid see ya later" skeezy said and 10k and I ran to the truck. We hopped into the trunk and we drove away. 
Suddenly someone was against me their arms wrapped around me and I hugged back. Then I felt 10k's lips on mine. My eyes widened but I kissed back. He pulled back unwrapping his arms and looking at me.
"Thirteen today was too close, I... I don't know if this was a dream but when I had anthrax I heard you say you loved me and I needed you to know how much I loved you and I didn't get the chance to tell you" he said hugging me kagain.
"I love you too" I said hugging him back. He pulled back and I handed him his sniper and he smiled at me.
"Renfield?" I asked and he laughed
"Long story" he said I then fell asleep in his arms, no nightmares at all.