Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I don't own Danny Phantom or Providence.

He hugged his knees close to his chest and sobbed silently. He couldn't take this anymore. He tried escaping several times but each ended up with the same result, those awful 'punishments'. They were more like torture. No, they were torture. Each one was worse than before. He knew that they wanted to break him before starting the real 'research', and they had succeeded. Yes, he had given up.

Danny had given up.

He had given up on escaping, on seeing his friends and family, on living.

He is ashamed of himself. He was once called a hero, the hero of Amity Park, Danny Phantom. But now that he had given up, the hero is no more.

He decided that the best thing to do was to forget. Forget everyone and everything. If he wasn't going to see them again, why hurt himself and remember them. He hoped that they would forget about him too so that they won't hurt either.

He heard the sound of the door sliding open and raised his head slowly to see two men like every other time. One of them walked towards the bed and grabbed his arm harshly. Danny was pulled off the bed and he stumbled, trying to regain his balance, as the man walked towards the door. Just as he started walking properly, the other man at the door grabbed his other arm and he was dragged through the many white and dimly lit hallways of Providence.

Danny didn't struggle much, unlike usual. He knew that he won't be able to escape. He just hung his head low and allowed himself to be dragged wherever.

The two Providence agents noticed his lack of movement and smirked, not that it could be seen because of the masks covering their faces.

They finally stopped in front of the familiar doors of the training room. He was pushed inside and the door closed behind him. The machines turned on as his collar deactivated and Danny started dodging everything without the stunts he usually does. His face stayed in one expression, a blank one.

The scientists watching smirked in victory. They had succeeded, they had broke him and they can finally start the more serious parts of their 'research' and experiments.

~~~

Tears streamed down Danny's face as he struggled against the strong hands holding him down on the cold hard metal table. He stared in horror at the scalpel that hovered over his bare his chest.

Blood curdling screams escaped his trembling lips as the scalpel started cutting through his sensitive skin and blood seeped through the growing cut. He cried more as the doctor just cut deeper and deeper into his chest, his screams only seeming to push the doctor forward.

"S-st-stop.....!" Danny managed to croak out, but his pleads only fell upon deaf ears.

It was painful, the feeling of something inside of you, touching your insides and feeling them. He felt something moving up his throat and his mouth opened, allowing more blood to escape his body.

He looked back at his chest when he felt another jolt of killing pain course through his body. His eyes widened as he saw that his once plain and smooth skin had ,now, a huge open cut spurting more blood.

His vision became blurry and his loud cries started turning to low whimpers and groans. His throat burned because of all the screaming he had made.

Danny saw the mouth of the blurred doctor moving while looking at the other people surrounding him, as if giving orders, but he couldn't hear anything.

Black dots started appearing in his vision and the last thing he saw before losing consciousness was the doctor holding something that seemed to be dripping something red, and putting it in a glass container.

~~~

'They dissected me...'

'They dissected me!'

This was the thought running in Danny's mind again and again as he sat on his bed staring at the wall across from  him with an expression between horror and shock. He just sat there, staring.

His eyes were red and puffy from the crying he had done and his throat burned. He couldn't cry anymore.

He laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. His hand slipped under his once white shirt, it was now tattered and had blood splotches because of the training, and touched the huge Y-shaped cut on his chest. He winced in pain but continued to gently trace his finger over it.

A shaky sigh left his mouth as he realized that this was their real meaning of 'research'. They wanted him to break down and lose hope so that it would be easier for them.

He knew that there was no way of stopping them and he didn't plan on stopping them either. This was his fate and he had accepted it. He just hoped that he will die in one of their crazy experiments so that he won't have to experience this much pain for so long.

-----
Yeah, I know.

I UPDATED AGAIN IN JUST ONE WEEK.

That's a miracle.

The problem actually with my slow updates is because I don't know how to begin the chapter. Once I find a way to start the chapter, the ideas keep coming.

Anyways, ever since I updated the last chapter, I had and idea for this chapter and how to begin it. So yesterday I was bored in school and I remembered the story and a grin found its way on my face as I grabbed a notebook and started writing.

So now, do me a favor and please vote and comment.

And also enjoy.

Ja ne!

~SGD