Chapter 3

Hey people it's Anna hope you enjoy the chapter lots of love❤️❤️
Warning: Stiles has a panic attack just so you all know

As soon as I realized I was panicking, it was like a switch flipped.
I felt ice cold fear course through my veins, hitting me like a freight train.
Salty tears mixed with the rain on my face, and my breathing turned erratic.

A tiny almost nonexistent voice in the back of my head told me I had to take deep breaths, but trying only made me feel worse.
A continuos cry, cold and horrified could be heard in every direction I turned. I wanted to get away from it so bad, but it followed me everywhere I tried to run.

And then I stopped trying to escape.

I fell to the forest floor and curled into myself.
I was going to die...I was going to die...I was going to die...

The thought played over and over again in my mind like a broken record. I was going to die and leave everyone I loved behind. My poor Dad, Scott, Allison, Mama Mccall, Lydia, Danny, even Jackson. I was going to die, and eventually they would all forget me. I would become a distant memory, and as time wore on they would completely forget me. I was going to die.

Until I wasn't.

All of a sudden through my muddled brain, I felt two strong arms wrap around me like a vice. At first I tried to struggle, who the hell was this person?

That was until I heard his voice, soft and gentle, calling to me.

"Stiles, it's me, it's Derek. Listen to me Stiles, you have to stop screaming, please stop screaming. Your not letting yourself get enough air, please pup stop screaming."

Screaming? I'm not sc- oh. That noise I was hearing, that heart wrenching noise I was hearing...that was me.
Realizing Derek was right, I tried to close my mouth, or bite my lip anything to quiet down.
But, my out of control body fought me every step of the way, I could feel myself shaking with the effort.

Eventually, after what felt like hours, my screams turned to quiet (or at least softer) whimpers.
"Good Stiles, your doing so good," I became weightless as Derek lifted me up and started walking.
I didn't know how, but he managed to grip me even tighter then before.

"Just keep listening to my voice, pup, try to relax. I'm right here no one can hurt you while I'm here."
I buried my face into his broad chest and cried. Having Derek there calmed me faster then anything I'd ever tried before.
But, as the initial rush of adrenaline slowly ebbed away, my crying increased.
I was mad, mad at myself, mad at everyone, mad at everything. I got so mad that I thought I was going to go over the edge again, but Derek brought me back.

His voice, his smell, his embrace, his heartbeat, it all brought me back down again. He relaxed me so much, I was trying not to fall asleep in his arms, but like he knew what I was trying to do, he growled,"Sleep Stiles you need to."
For the first time that day, I looked up at Derek.
His hazel eyes that were normally void of emotion, shined bright with affection. His eyebrows and mouth were drawn in with worry, an expression so different from his usual brooding look he so often wore. His black hair was matted from the rain that was still pouring down around us, and a droplet of water slowly ran down his nose.
All of the little details about the man I had never noticed before stood out so clearly, it was almost as if he was a different person.
Derek's demeanor changed from guarded, to protective.

Which shocked me...a lot.

I didn't really understand why he would care, I always seemed to bother him before. But there was no doubt in my mind the look on his face was protectiveness. I bet he was just being nice because he wanted Scott in his pack.
But before I could continue with the thought Derek noticed I wasn't doing as he asked, and he let out another little warning growl.

"Sleep Stiles" It was not a request.

And surely enough within seconds I was lulled to sleep, Derek's steady heartbeat acting as my lullaby.