Chapter 5

That was the day it started.

If I had known the impact Derek would have on my life back then, maybe I would have stopped it. Maybe I wouldn't have let myself fall so hard for the stupid sourwolf.
But I didn't know. And events played out the way they had to, the way they were meant to.

I'm getting ahead of myself.
______________

After the panic attack, things went back to normal. Derek wanted Scott in his pack that now consisted of Boyd, Erica, and Isaac. Scott refused so he could be with Allison who was slowly being corrupted by her messed up family. Jackson became a giant, deadly, lizard...thing. Lydia became a something (still don't know what). And me and Derek avoided each other like the plague.

Normal, simple.

But simple things couldn't just stay simple could they.
Enter Gerard Argent (that's really all I have to say). Allison's psycho, crazy, murderous grandfather. How does he fit into this? Well let me explain...
_____________

It was Christmas, and things finally started looking up. There hadn't been any supernatural monsters (that wanted to kill us) in a month.
That's right no Witches, Druids, unwanted werewolves, or kanimas...IN A MONTH. It was a personal best.

Not only that, but we had cured Jackson who was an official werewolf now (yippee).
Derek and Scott had finally come to an agreement where Scott was technically part of Derek's pack, but wasn't as tied down as the others. And the Argents had settled down for the holidays. Everything was ok, or so I thought.

It was Friday afternoon, and we were officially on Christmas break. The pack was gathered around me waiting for me to finish emptying my locker. Lydia was talking about the party she was having for the pack, and was basically threatening us into coming.

Honestly, I was pretty sure I wasn't even part of the pack. But the way she was talking made it very clear that if Scott or I didn't show up she would rip our genitals off of our bodies.
The power of Lydia Martin.
" ...remember it's at my house at 9:00 tonight." She was reminding everybody for the millionth time. We all groaned an understanding, and with a slight glare she continued to link arms with Allison and strut out of the school with Jackson in tow.

For the first time in my life I realized that I really didn't want to go to the party. A party hosted by Lydia Martin no less...where she actually wanted me to come.

Scott's pat on my back shook me out of my teenage life crisis and I started tuning in what he was saying.

" ...come over my house this afternoon?" He asked as we started walking towards the exit," then we can get ready and leave my house to go to Lydia's together."
I snorted he sounded like a bad chick flic.

"I would love to 'get ready with you', but I have to make dinner for my dad first. I guess I'll just have to meet you at the party," I said with a sarcastic sigh.

"Shut up," he grumbled, clearly put out.
But he wasn't upset for long as he continued to pick up the conversation where it left off.
"Hey, do you think Derek's going to be there?" I could feel my heart quicken at the name. Hopefully Scott, or any other werewolf in the vicinity, didn't notice.

"Doubt it," I said trying to act normal.

Ever since the day in the woods a couple months ago, it felt like I couldn't even hear his name without a shiver running down my spine. It wasn't even like I was afraid Derek would tell the pack about my attack, because after that day he barely talked to me.

Which I should have be fine with...but I wasn't.

I expected by now that Derek would have teased me about what happened, that at least would have been normal. But Derek not even saying anything? That had me on edge.
I took a deep, calming breath and waved bye to Scott, then we split to go to our own separate vehicles.

I almost screamed.

Immediately, I spotted my baby at the back of the parking lot, but that wasn't what caught my attention.
I blinked and when I looked again, he was gone. But I knew what I had seen. I would be able to spot that face in the middle of Times Square on New Year's Eve.

There was no doubt in my mind that the person who had been standing next to my jeep was none other then Derek Hale.

I pinched my forehead in frustration, I was not dealing with this shit right now.
I just wanted to go home in peace.

_______________

I never made it home.