Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Just wanted to say thank you so much for reading this! I've already gotten over 300 reads and I'm so excited to keep continuing this! Your comments make me smile, and I just thought I haven't said this enough. Thank you!

Simon

They hadn't been planning to stay the night, but sometimes consequences happened and with the rebel attack it got too stressful to try to leave.

Simon slipped on a white shirt and black suit pants, tying on a dark green tie and shrugged on a dress vest that was grey in the back and black in the front.

"Hey I'm dressed." He yelled over to the bathroom as he slid into the pair of leather shoes that had been under his clothes.

"I told you to knock." Deidre yelled back.

Simon rolled his eyes and walked over, knocked on the door, and sat back down on the bed.

Deidre opened the door and linked his arm, lifting him to his feet.

"Come, my wayward friend." She smiled.

"You're in a good mood," Simon observed as he looked at her new outfit. She was wearing a knee length purple dress that was winched at the waist and turned into itself at the bottom so it looked like she was wearing a purple rose bud. She had put a black cardigan over it that covered her arms to her wrists. Her feet were covered with simple black flats that silenced her steps, though that was unnecessary with the many carpeted areas.

"Yes. I'm hungry and want to eat." She smiled again and headed out the door with him.

Simon knocked on Robert's door as they walked up. Nobody came to the door.

Simon knocked again.

A short woman answered this time, her hair graying. He would have thought it was Mrs. Calesteno except she was wearing a maids outfit.

"Oh this must be the wrong room-" Deidre began to excuse them when the woman shook her head.

"You were looking for the Calestenos?" The maid had a slight accent, but Simon wasn't sure where it might've been from.

"Yes." Deidre answered as Simon looked into the room. The door was closed just enough that it was difficult to see what was inside, but he could make out a torn open mattress and open drawers.

"They were exported this morning, they weren't really representatives. The dear Iota proved they were rebel spies." The woman shook her head.

"Thanks. We've got to go." Simon steerer Deidre away before the woman could see her paling face.