Foolish Mortal

Kinaru: Hey everyone! For those of you who have not read my ILYBD trilogy, this is a rewrite of what would have happened if I hadn't killed Itachi or Yuna, starting just after the chunin exams.

You don't need to read the other books before reading this, since this version has a different start. Which will be explained as the story goes. At first it was just a random idea, but I've found I really like this new universe. I hope you do too.

Enjoy.

Chapter 1

She stared at him for a long moment. Not sure whether she should tell him it was foolish, or to support his choice. In all honesty, she thought it was a waste of time, sure the snake had power to spare, but was it really worth it? Putting everything on hold for some training? She wanted to leave the village as well, but not now, not like this.

"Will you go to Orochimaru, Nine-tails?"

Her eyebrows arched in surprise as she stared at her teammate. Why would he want her to come with him? Hadn't she made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with the sannin? When she grabbed him by his skinny neck and threw him away from her? Had the small Uchiha forgotten that already?

She shook her head, a look of disgust coming to her face. "You can follow that creepy reptile back under his rock. This Kyuubi would rather join Naru and the toad."

He smirked that infamous smirk, taking a step toward her. The kitsune didn't step away like he'd expect her to. She stood her ground, looking quite dangerous in the moonlight, with her eyes glowing the way they were. Burning hell fires as he liked to think of them.

"Never figured you as the type to hang out with frogs and dopes."

She scoffed, her demonic pupils thinning to small slits. One of the many things warning the raven to keep his distance. "Baka, Sasuke knows better than anyone that kyuubi prefers to work alone." She hissed, her tails curling at the impending doom she was to rain upon him.

Sasuke looked away from her for a moment, nodding his head in agreement. Boy did he know it, it hadn't taken Kakashi long to realize the demoness only showed up for missions worth her time. He could only remember her coming to one or two that involved pet retrieval or aiding village elders.

"You should go, it won't be long before morning comes." Her crimson gaze flickered to the horizon, though still dark, she could sense it was only an hour or so till sunrise. He would need the cover of darkness to get away unnoticed.

He hesitated to leave, she could see it in his stance. The way his muscles tensed, preparing to jump from the windowsill, yet froze as he continued to contemplate something. He'd been trying to say it since she'd opened her window to let him in, yet couldn't decide how. She already had a very good idea as to what it was.

They both knew the village wouldn't be safe for her much longer. Even if she was on Tsunade's good side. She'd drawn too much attention during the invasion, it was only a matter of time before the village elders convinced the new Hokage she was too dangerous to be left alone.

Her ears perked as the young avenger finally turned back to her. Had he finally found the words?

"Come with me, Yuna. You wouldn't have to train or do anything he says, just stay, with me. I can protect you from Konoha." She smirked a little, it almost sounded like he believed that.

Yuna let out a soft sigh, raising her head to look at him. "Foolish boy can't even protect himself. This kyuubi has no intentions of joining him with the sannin. She will protect herself as need be." She replied, jerking her head to the side. Silently telling him she would hear no more of his plans.