Sorry About This

Chapter 3

What does one need when they're about to join an evil organization? Yuna hadn't the slightest idea, all she knew was that she should bring clothes, if nothing else. She didn't want to bring personal effects, those could be used against her. No photos, no mementos.

The demoness scowled, turning the picture of her team down on her nightstand. She couldn't bring that. She went back to her bag, so far only a few night robes, her under clothes, her kimono style shirts, some shorts, what money she'd saved, and her weapons    were inside. There wasn't much else that she could pack, aside from her toiletries, but those were in a smaller bag she planned to add when she actually left. For now they remained in her bathroom.

Yuna looked back at the bookshelf she'd filled over the years. All the stories she'd read, the techniques she'd learned. She couldn't bring any of that either. She was leaving her home as though she wasn't going, anyone that came wouldn't think she'd left, not unless they went through her closet and found it empty.

Her hand subconsciously went to the silver chain clasped around her neck, seeking the locket that hung from it. She should leave it behind as well, but found she couldn't bring herself to take it off. She hadn't removed it since Hiruzen had given it to her. If her memory was correct, she'd promised to never take it off. Not even the Akatsuki would make her remove it now.

The kyuubi looked around her room once more. She was packed, she guessed, there was nothing else she could bring. It would all have to either wait for her return or be abandoned. Her ears drooped a little as she picked up her bag.

Should she leave now? Wait till tomorrow? Her thoughts drifted to the two teammates that were being left behind. They had probably gone after Sasuke, and shouldn't notice she was gone until Kakashi had another team meeting.

Ouch, she could be gone tomorrow and they wouldn't notice till someone told them. That's what she got for being a loner. They were used to her not showing up for days at a time, and only Sasuke and Kakashi knew where she lived. It would be almost a week before they knew. Unless Someone actually came looking for her.

There's no time like the present. Yuna put her bag from the bathroom inside her pack, hefting the bag over one shoulder. "This Kyuubi's leaving now." She felt stupid saying that to her apartment, but it had been her home since she was little. It was weird to think she may never come back.

She locked the door behind her, sliding the key back in under the door. She didn't need it to get in, her seal would still be in there if she came back. The tailed beast walked at a leisurely pace, in no hurry to leave, yet having every reason to rush.

The streets had finally started up with their normal chatter, salesmen calling out their deals, shoppers conversing with one another. It appeared as though the day would finally continue as though it were any other day. As though a boy was not running away, and a girl was not fleeing the fight. The villagers would know nothing of their departure, she didn't even expect their absence to be noticed.

The humans liked ignoring orphaned children anyway, and only took notice when they were given the chance to scold or beat them with sticks. Ruby eyes grew dark as they looked upon the mortals, a growing hatred burning in their depths. The demoness loved this village, and many of those that populated it's homes, but there was a larger percentage she would crush, if given the chance.

Civilians that looked down on her and her two male teammates, ones that entered their children in the ninja academy, but scoffed at the jinjuriki and kyuubi's enrollment. Those who were too cowardly to join the fights, but had no problem beating innocent children with their harsh words. Kami would rain judgment on them one day, and the beast hoped she was there to see it.