Prologue

She was so beautiful. The way she threw her head back when she laughed or how her eyes seemed to almost sparkle with innocent happiness. I felt a wave of protectiveness flow through me as I looked at her, and I knew that I would do anything to make sure that the beautiful angel's eyes would forever sparkle with that innocent happiness.

Walking into the cafe a chiming giggle made him turn around to see where the beautiful laugh was coming from. The moment his eyes had landed on the dark haired beauty giggling he knew his world had changed forever. It felt as though his cold, still heart had started beating for the first time. In all his twenty-four years he had never felt anything along the likes of this. He was so tempted to just go over there and take her, keep her to himself forever, but he knew he couldn't do that. He was Xavier Night, he could do anything he wanted, but her youthful innocence was apparent, she looked as though she had only just entered adulthood, and despite his reputation he wasn't heartless enough to bring her into his world so soon. She needed more time. It would be so wrong to introduce her into his chaotic life so soon, so he decided he would wait a few more years, until she was older, to bring her into his world, to take her to be his, and only his.