Chapter 35

"Raine please finish your pancakes." Xavier pleaded crouching down before my chair but I crossed my arms in front of me, I wouldn't crack this time. Xavier had been over feeding me since I started living with him, it was as if he was trying to make me explode. I'd woken up after a long nap, which I thought was well deserved after an accounting exam and a long shift at the cafe to the sweet smell of chocolate drifting in. Following it in my comatose state led me to Xavier standing in the kitchen dressed immaculately in a fitted black dress shirt tucked neatly into his black dress pants flipping chocolate chip pancakes about three times the size of my face into two plates. Pancakes at midnight, a lifelong dream come true.

He'd turned around greeting me softly in his deep raspy voice asking me to take a seat before setting down a gigantic plate with a huge pile of those pancakes in front of me. To my misfortune that one gigantic pile was for me to finish alone, he had his own.

"I can't eat anymore." I huffed putting my fork down.
"You haven't eaten enough." Xavier gruffs out finishing up his last pancake, and taking a sip of his black coffee as he stares at me.
"Would you like for me to explode,this is too much." I say persistently my eyes widening for dramatic effect.

"It's not you're just too small, I need to feed you more." Xavier huffs out gruffly, and I sit up straighter, I was not too small admittedly most adult humans were larger then me, but I nearly hit the average percentile for a lady, I was fine.
"I am not." I say frowning, trying my hand again at glaring.

"Maybe you're just too big." I say, before my mind could catch up with my mouth, and my hand flies over my mouth, I was so mean poor Xavier, he might kill me for that, my comment was completely uncalled for. I stare at him wide eyed my heart beating wildly in my chest. He makes me chocolate chip pancakes and gets sassed in return.

"I'm so sorry." I finally sputter out looking into those silver eyes only to find amusement, maybe he had had too many pancakes, the chocolate had gotten to his head.

"It's fine love." He says softly his large tan hand reaching over to take one of my own and he holds it softly in his own, his thumb rubbing circles into it reassuringly. Even crouching down on his knees Xavier was taller then me, he was a big person but that didn't mean I had to say it, I had always been grumpy upon waking up.

"My mouth is going to get me killed one day." I mumble quietly to myself.
"Or kissed." Xavier says huskily making my eyes widen as my head flies up to look him in the eyes, my cheeks colouring a deep red. I close my eyes to rid myself of the thought.

I licked my lips looking over to Xavier to apologize again, but his eyes were trained intensely on my lips, the silver getting slightly darker, as my lips part in surprise.

His hands wrap around the seat of my chair tugging it closer to him making me yelp in surprise.

"W-what are you-?" I asked quietly trailing off as Xavier leans closer to me effectively shutting down my petty inquiries. His eyes fluttered shut as he inhaled my scent, his nose nuzzling tenderly against my skin making me shiver. A quiet groan escapes him as he inhales deeply again, burying his face into my hair. His hands clenched at the sides of my chair.
"God Raine you smell like strawberries and gingerbread it's mouthwatering." He groans out and I swallow nervously.

"You're so beautiful." He mumbles softly pulling away from me just enough so that he could look into my eyes, his hand coming up to cup my face softly brushing softly against the slight blush on my pale cheeks.

"I'll never get enough of you." He sighs softly, pressing a kiss to the corner of my lips.

"I'll always want more." He says against my skin his warm minty breath blowing onto my skin, his plump red lips brushing my skin with every word.