~Loading~ 2

Sans woke up with a start in his bed in Snowdin.

He grinned darkly.

"another day, another timeline... i wonder if everyone will actually live this time."

He got out of bed, not bothering to fix it. He clambered over to the door.

"BROTHER! ARE YOU OUT OF BED, YET? I'VE MADE US BREAKFAST-GHETTI!"

Oh, how he had missed hearing Papyrus's voice. The sweater-adorned skeleton clambered out of bed, not even bothering to fix the sheets, and headed for the stairs. He opened the door to his room and shuffled down the stairs when he noticed a ball of fluff sleeping peacefully on the couch. A ball of white fluff with two patches of rainbow-like fur.

huh. this is new.

Sans shuffled his feet over to the kitchen, but quietly so as to not wake the sleeping fluff-ball, and asked Papyrus what it was exactly.

"hey, uh, pap? what's up with that weird ball of fluff on our couch?" he asked his brother. The spaghetti-making skeleton looked at Sans oddly.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, BROTHER? THAT'S JANUS, OUR GOOD FRIEND WHO LIVES PAST THE LIBRARY." Papyrus responded casually, as if the fluff had always been a normal thing. "SHE WAS TOO TIRED FROM LAST NIGHT TO HEAD HOME SO SHE DECIDED TO SPEND THE NIGHT. WE HAD A GREAT SLEEPOVER PARTY!"

this...is weird. 'janus' or whatever is definitely not a monster i'm familiar with.

Sans scratched the back of his skull.

"really? i must have knocked my skull against something if i forgot her, then, heh." he muttered. Papyrus just cocked a brow at that but said nothing further and simply plated three plates of breakfast-ghetti.

"OH, SANS! COULD YOU GO WAKE JANUS UP? BREAKFAST IS READY!" the taller skeleton asked cheerily. Sans grinned. It felt...good to see his brother smiling at him again. His real brother, and not some hallucination.

"yeah, sure. tibia-nest, i was just about to do that." Sans replied with a wink, getting a groan from Papyrus. The shorter skeleton chuckled before walking over to the living room and towards the couch. The fluff was still sleeping away.

"uh, wake up, janus...?" Sans muttered, the unfamiliar name rolling off his 'tongue' awkwardly. He frowned. There wasn't much of a response. ...He decided to poke the ball of fluff.

There was an immediate reaction as the fluff practically exploded and he could now see four limbs and a long tail as the ball unfurled itself quickly.

"*Who@!! Who woke me up?? You surpr!sed me!!" the fluff shouted, clearly startled from Sans's sudden jab into its sides. Sans could finally tell what it was exactly: a horned cat-like monster wearing a rainbow-striped handkerchief like a scarf. It looked to Sans and relaxed. This stuck out the most to Sans since it definitely meant that the monster was used to his presence. They must truly have been friends.

"*S@ns?? You poked me too h@rd!! Be more c@reful, pwe@se!!" 'Janus' said to Sans with a grin. The monster seemed to sprout two pairs of wings, one pair was feathery and the other leathery, before flying up into the air quickly. It - she Sans corrected himself as he could now tell from Janus's feminine voice - darted back and forth around Sans excitedly.

"*Ooh!! Ooh!! !s bre@kf@st-ghett! re@dy??!!" the monster asked, seemingly very excited over the 'breakfast-ghetti'. Sans grinned. If Janus was getting that excited over the spaghetti, then he was certain that the monster was indeed a good friend.

"yeah, pap just plated it all. better hurry on over or it'll all pasta-way." the pun-loving skeleton joked with a wink. Janus gasped at first at the pun and Sans almost panicked internally thinking that maybe this monster didn't like puns.