The lake

I look over at the lake longingly before shaking my head.

"I can't." I state remembering the lace bra I'm wearing.

"Why n- ohhh..." He says awkwardly.

What is he thinking?

"No! Its not that!" I exclaim after realizing what he thought my reason for not swimming was.

Glad that was last week.

"I'm confused then?" He raises an eyebrow wondering why I can't go swimming.

"This bra is see through." I inform him and he chuckles.

"I don't care." He states coming back to seriousness, and now it is my turn to laugh.

"Yeah, its not going to happen." I assure him and he gives a fake sigh.

"I know." He sighs again dramatically.

"You're such a goof." I chuckle, ruffling his hair, causing him to smile at me.

"Look, you can still go swimming, just wear my shirt to cover up." He shrugs and I smile.

"You do realize its like 25 degrees outside." I point out and he frowns.

"Dang, I forgot about that." He states.

For a moment, so did I.

"So swimming is off the table then." I chuckle throwing up my hands.

"Let's play hide and seek." He suggests and I almost laugh out loud until I realize the serious look on his face.

"Um, okay?" I say trying to hold back a ridiculous smile.

He takes no time in jumping off the rock, but I hesitate.

I look over the edge warily, afraid to jump.

"C'mon it's not even that high." He teases and I glare at him.

"The last time some one told me that I sprained both of my ankles." I narrow my eyes at him before sitting down on the edge of the rock and shimmying down carefully.

"That was so not my fault! You didn't have to go hiking with me the next day." He defends and I shake my head.

"Yeah, okay, You gave me a piggyback ride when you found out about it, So I forgive you." I pucker up my lips and blow a kiss in his direction.

"C'mon." He moves next to the rock and holds out his arms for me to jump into and I smile.

"Thank you."

I make sure he's ready before jumping into his arms.

The momentum was enough to make us both spin in a circle, my legs flailing about.

Once we stop spinning we both fall onto the ground in exasperation.

"That was pretty fun. Are your arms alright? I know I'm kind of heavy." I tease him, knowing that he's been working out, unlike me... I should probably start though.

I look down at my stomach and notice that my six pack is indeed, gone.

"You need to help me start working out, dude, look at this I'm sooo out of shape." I lift up my shirt a little and show him wear my abs used to show.

Working out used to be something we'd do together, well more like something Shawn would force me to do in compensation to all of the junk food we eat. It just doesn't feel right doing it without him.

"Where'd they go?" He pokes my bare stomach playfully.

"They go with you when your gone, how do you think your abs are so perfect?" I joke and he laughs.

"You stopped working out?" He asks me in shock.

"Well my workout partner decided to go and get famous on me, what's a girl supposed to do?" I pull my shirt back down, having forgot to earlier.

"Keep working out without me and impress me when I get back." He states seriously and I laugh.

"I'll keep that in mind next time you leave." I stand up and start thinking of a place to hide.

Just when I think of the perfect place to hide he interrupts me,

"I hide first, you count."

Are you kidding me?!

"Seriously?" I whine as he nods his head and pushes me towards the rock to count.

I close my eyes and start counting to 30 in my head, the only sound I hear is the rustling of leaves and birds chirping in the trees.

"Ready or not, here I come!"

I open my eyes and turn around ready to find him. Taking a brief look around with my eyes I start on my search.

"Okay not gonna lie, I thought I would have found you by now. You've gotten better at this." I chuckle into the silence.

Receiving no response I decide to go back over by the rock to look again.

Where could he be?

I go around the perimeter of the rock before deciding to go to the top and use the height as an advantage.

"Curse you Shawn Mendes for making me climb this mountain of a rock to find you." I say through clenched teeth as I attempt at climbing the rock.

Once I reach the top I am surprised to find the exact boy I was looking for laying down with his arms on his head.

"Are you kidding me?!" I exclaim before rushing over and jumping on top of him.

"Ugh- Took you long enough." He chuckles and I glare at him.

"Yeah well you used my fear of heights to your advantage and that is so not fair." I tell him before tickling his sides like he did to me earlier.

"No-stop- I promise I will never do it again!" He giggles, not a laugh, a giggle, and I can't help but smile.

"Nope, you deserve it." I state remembering earlier when he tickled me with no mercy.

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" He sings and I stick out my tongue at him.

"Its too late to apologize." I sing back a different song as I continue to tickle him.

"Cause I'm missing more than just your body." He smiles as my hands start to still.

"I said its too late to apologize, yeah." I sing louder and smile before getting off of him and moving to the side.

"You suck." I tease before pulling his arm from beneath his head and laying it out straight so I can use it as a pillow.

"I hate missing you when your gone you know. I wish I could go with you." I confess.

"I hate missing you too." He chuckles.